Gunco Forums banner

The shortest one yet I think..

13K views 100 replies 36 participants last post by  rbthntr64 
#1 ·
I dont have a clue if this will work but Im gonna try.I dont know why either I guess its like climbing mountians cause they are there.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I think Ill cut and retap the carrier and make a new piston.Ill probably have to run the tube back into the rear site block and fix it to it permenently.I dont know yet. First Ill have cut on the rear site a little so it will go past the trunnion some . Ill have to cut some of the nose of f the top cover too and maybe Ill even have to cut the ejection port alittle dont know yet.

#8 ·
no that was a 8" model.That was based on a Maadi barrel this is a Russian Saiga barrel I got from someone who tried to make a rifle and bent a brand new barrel all to hell so I got it for the postage. LOL

#11 ·
Droog --you always tickle me with these.

I can tell it's starting to get cold up that way. You hole up in the shop and come out with these things!!

#12 ·
Im going to a build party in Minn in a couple of weeks and Im gonna see if I can get her done there or maybe even before then.

#16 ·
Thank You. The Good Lord & I put that one together. With alot of help from my friend Ed in Ohio. Had it at Knob Creek and the folks got a charge out of it. Working on a shorter version -

Plan to make a "nicer" video to post, very soon.

Don't want to hijack Droog's thread, but I am anxious to see how he makes out.

Steve in El Paso

#19 ·
Damn Steve, that thing bumps like an auto! Nice job on the gas system also.

cntrailrider said:
Droog -

"WHERE are you measuring your barrel from....?" (I HAD to ask you that, just to rib ya)

I see you're gonna give it a whirl. Keep us posted on how you make out. In the meantime, here's my vid, just to keep your appetite whetted
www.americanborderpatrol.com/Texasshortyakpistol.wmv

You're going to face some new challenges implimenting those ideas - Good Luck!

Steve in El Paso

#21 ·
HA Ha Ha I caught that one Steve. Yeah its gonna be fun but I just have to try.I need one of those like another hole in my head but Ill try it anyway just if for no other reason than just to see if it can be done.

#22 ·
Droog -

I understand what you're saying. Oh yes they're fun to shoot but the ANTICIPATION and HOPING YOU'RE ONTO SOMETHING NEW when you're building away & brainstorming in the shop - well, that level of happiness is hard to describe. At least for me. I believe it's the same for just about everyone else here too.

I am sincerely hoping you get'er up and running with minimum hassles and postive results. This may be a cliff-hanger.....

Good luck!

Steve in El Paso

#26 ·
Thanks Hotbarrel for the confidence. I hope you are right.Seeing as how this is a Rrrrrussian Siaga barrel and 22mm Ill have to hunt down a trunnion. I may have to locate a 22mm AK 74 trunnion and mill the magwell out alittle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.