Gunco Forums banner

Battlefield Pick Up Look: Dial up Warning!

14K views 73 replies 43 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
Ok, I decided I wanted a Battlefield Pick up Romy so I started working on it.... first with a wire brush...then with a chain...

Then me and Moonshiner got creative....

We thought it would be a good idea to see if an AK would stand up to being drug a few miles...

All was going well...then we lost our skier and had to go back and save it from being run over by another car...

So we rolled it over removed the bolt carrier, and top cover so we didn't rip the charging handle off.... And took off again!

Faster that time:D

Then when we got back into his yard, we put it back to there and drug it the rest of the 100yrds back to the shop and got it good and full of crap:)

After we hosed it out this is what it looked like:

Very Battlefield pick up look:D Oh yeah I finally got a Camera too!

See less See more
#28 ·
I'm sure y'all have just invented a new "You Know Yer a ******* If...":biggrin:

Just kidding...

I thought of turning one of my Romanian SAR's that I used to own into a battlefield pickup.

All I thought of doing was polishing the blue off the high points with Flitz Metal Polish for that "worn but not abused" look.

#31 ·
OK - I gotta ask - WTF do we use the term "Battlefield Pickup"??? I have this vision of a bunch of Indians gathering up Custer's firearms, or peasants grabbing the guns from the cold dead hands of an attacking force (Red Dawn, anyone?) but just think about that - BATTLEFIELD PICKUP - I mean, would you really want a rifle that didn't protect its previous owner???? :dunno:

#32 ·
hcpookie said:
OK - I gotta ask - WTF do we use the term "Battlefield Pickup"??? I have this vision of a bunch of Indians gathering up Custer's firearms, or peasants grabbing the guns from the cold dead hands of an attacking force (Red Dawn, anyone?) but just think about that - BATTLEFIELD PICKUP - I mean, would you really want a rifle that didn't protect its previous owner???? :dunno:
I don't know, but I like it:D:cheers:

#33 ·
Maybe the owner wasn't smart or savy enough to use the weapon to stay alive. By the way, If I took one of my AK's and pulled it behind my truck like that to give it that worn look, the cops around here would arrest me for trolling for home kit builders:rofl:
magnus392 said:
I don't know, but I like it:D:cheers:

#34 ·
FloridaAKM said:
Maybe the owner wasn't smart or savy enough to use the weapon to stay alive. By the way, If I took one of my AK's and pulled it behind my truck like that to give it that worn look, the cops around here would arrest me for trolling for home kit builders:rofl:
Well luckily we where kinda out in the country, and I just so happen to know the sherriff:D

#35 ·
Haha, man that was funny. I've never intentionally dragged an AK down the road. About as close as I've ever come was running over a Norinco on accident with a 4240 John Deere on a gravel road. :dumbass:

#37 ·
AKOK said:
O dear god......you do realize you two look like a couple of gay ******** that just got married with that parts kit draging behind your truck:rofl:
Still not as bad as the day I walked through Wal-Mart carrying two pink lamps (gifts) with my cousin (a guy) singing "Ima gonna get me a gun an' kill all da' ******'s I see" :D

#38 ·
Red Jacket Firearms said:
Brillo pad and let it hang outside for a few , not Charlie ! I swear Magnus , it's just as well you're in another timezone , I think we'd end up dead if we ever got to hanging out :) Whats those famous last words , "Hey , I bet this would be cool" ? LOL Don't let nobody tweak you Magnus , I know you had more then $100. worth of fun and it still shoots lol
Yeah, I can only imagine what kinda damage we could do locked in your shop for a wk, LOL...That and Steph would probably kill us over the Ammo bill :slap:

#47 ·
Make mine a 40oz of Schlitz :cheers:

#48 ·
Damn Magnus! :smilie_sc I think battle field pickup is an understatement. It looks as if someone was holding it while a bomb went off under there feet causing it to fly through the air then skidd down the road for a couple hundred yards.

You know if you want the real Jihad Joe look you can send it to me for refinishing here in AZ. I would pull it behind my Pathfinder through miles of authentic natural desert sand and dirt. Next to really make it look like it took years to get the well worn aged look I would rub it religiously against one of the many Palm and Date Palm trees we have here untill some of the hard edges were polished and smoothed up a tad.
Lastly I would have to put some drops of blood splatter here and there and then take a wiz on it so the patina can come out after a few days of being burried in compost. That should give you the authentic look you want.

BTW I can place brass tacks and such on the wood upon request if you want the tribal warlord look instead of just the straight Jihad Joe look. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.