Gunco Forums banner

Battlefield Pick Up Look: Dial up Warning!

14K views 73 replies 43 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
Ok, I decided I wanted a Battlefield Pick up Romy so I started working on it.... first with a wire brush...then with a chain...

Then me and Moonshiner got creative....

We thought it would be a good idea to see if an AK would stand up to being drug a few miles...

All was going well...then we lost our skier and had to go back and save it from being run over by another car...

So we rolled it over removed the bolt carrier, and top cover so we didn't rip the charging handle off.... And took off again!

Faster that time:D

Then when we got back into his yard, we put it back to there and drug it the rest of the 100yrds back to the shop and got it good and full of crap:)

After we hosed it out this is what it looked like:

Very Battlefield pick up look:D Oh yeah I finally got a Camera too!

See less See more
#56 ·
Dude me and a buddy of mine torture tested a romy once (didn't drag it behind a truck though) although we buried it in sand, and didn't clean it, it worked after that. Left it in the lake for a week, it worked after that. Fired about 3500 rounds through it with out cleaning it after all that, I can't say it worked flawlessly, but no major stoppages, nothing that jacking the bolt back couldn't fix. Goes to show how tough the design is, I had a blast battle testing mine, I hope you did too.
Tommy

#57 ·
magnus392 said:
Well for starters it is just an AK...a Romy at that! Had I not had several more that looks just like it I might not have done it:D

Far as looking like it got drug down a road...Yeah, but I am sure worse has happened in the field;)

And it shoots fine still this one just has more character than the rest, so no waste has gone on here!
personally i would have used a wire brush and high count sand paper...

#60 ·
Oh man I forgot about your battlefield "dragged behind my" pick up rifle. I agree with you Magnus this thread always gets me laughing. I'd like to see an M-16 after this finishing technique.:eek:

#64 ·
#66 ·
Hopefully, Magnus or Moonshiner will stop by and if they still have the pics could repost them for everyone. :)

#72 ·
Might check there gallerys for pictures.

Stalker there is more an better AK info on Gunco than anywere.
Some of the guys who used to be here pioneered how AKS are built from kits today an designed the tools to do it.
Im glad my accuracy thread has been helpful .

#74 ·
Akblue, I love all of them!! Damn you do good work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.