Gunco Forums banner

Battlefield Pick Up Look: Dial up Warning!

14K views 73 replies 43 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
Ok, I decided I wanted a Battlefield Pick up Romy so I started working on it.... first with a wire brush...then with a chain...

Then me and Moonshiner got creative....

We thought it would be a good idea to see if an AK would stand up to being drug a few miles...

All was going well...then we lost our skier and had to go back and save it from being run over by another car...

So we rolled it over removed the bolt carrier, and top cover so we didn't rip the charging handle off.... And took off again!

Faster that time:D

Then when we got back into his yard, we put it back to there and drug it the rest of the 100yrds back to the shop and got it good and full of crap:)

After we hosed it out this is what it looked like:

Very Battlefield pick up look:D Oh yeah I finally got a Camera too!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, that rifle is beat to shit ! It looks like it did 90mph cartwheels across the interstate. Wait.... it actually....did.... :lol:

Seriously, I *LOVE* the way that looks. Pictures don't really do it justice. It definately captures the "battlefield pickup" theme. It also poaches into the "run over by a brigade of tanks" theme.

This style beats the ever-lovin' shit out of the safe-queen AK. You've brought the true grizzly nature back to this AKM. People that take glamour shots of their AK's may as well put a ribbon in it's hair, with a sun-dress and some knickers. I fuckin' *HATE* that shit. This one looks like it still has its testicles in tact :)

#4 · (Edited)
road_warrior101 said:
hey dude. is that the parts kit i sold you????????? please say it aint lol
No, that one is still packed safely in the grease in it box, lol. This kit I picked up for a song because the barrel pin was a bugger. So DPH(and some numbers) here is a little revenge for you!!! :D

She still runs too!

#8 ·
oh the humanity :wallbash: Whatever floats your boat magnus--but damn........lol must embrace the AK and hug 'em, and squeeze 'em, and pet 'em :rofl: sorry lame attempt to mock the Looney Tunes character--looks good if that's they way it's intended to look :wink:

#9 ·
Looks more like "drug down the road behind a pickup on a chain" than Battlefield pick-up.......but it's your gun man, do whatever floats your boat.

#10 · (Edited)
Well for starters it is just an AK...a Romy at that! Had I not had several more that looks just like it I might not have done it:D

Far as looking like it got drug down a road...Yeah, but I am sure worse has happened in the field;)

And it shoots fine still this one just has more character than the rest, so no waste has gone on here!

#11 ·
Well............The guns ok..................But i'd LOVE to have that anvil ! !!!!!!!!! Thats a beauty! I've been looking for a couple years for a nice big one like that & it would run around $500.00 around here.

#14 ·
Taz38 said:
oh the humanity :wallbash: Whatever floats your boat magnus--but damn........lol must embrace the AK and hug 'em, and squeeze 'em, and pet 'em :rofl: sorry lame attempt to mock the Looney Tunes character--looks good if that's they way it's intended to look :wink:
WOW! I'd say an AK would be pretty lucky to be owned by Taz. :biggrin:

#19 ·
Bradrock said:
Well............The guns ok..................But i'd LOVE to have that anvil ! !!!!!!!!! Thats a beauty! I've been looking for a couple years for a nice big one like that & it would run around $500.00 around here.
That anvil caught my eye too!!!

#20 ·
Brillo pad and let it hang outside for a few , not Charlie ! I swear Magnus , it's just as well you're in another timezone , I think we'd end up dead if we ever got to hanging out :) Whats those famous last words , "Hey , I bet this would be cool" ? LOL Don't let nobody tweak you Magnus , I know you had more then $100. worth of fun and it still shoots lol

#23 ·
I think you guys are just AR ownin' trolls coming here to showoff your AK snuff films.
:angry:

My "safe queen" AK has plenty of dings and scrapes, and they were all earned properly out in the woods or at the gravel pit. (On on the workbench due to my own F*** ups.)
:)

#26 ·
Red Jacket Firearms said:
Brillo pad and let it hang outside for a few , not Charlie ! I swear Magnus , it's just as well you're in another timezone , I think we'd end up dead if we ever got to hanging out :) Whats those famous last words , "Hey , I bet this would be cool" ? LOL Don't let nobody tweak you Magnus , I know you had more then $100. worth of fun and it still shoots lol
Nooooo it's "Hey hold my beer and watch this sh*t" :) :cheers:

COYOTE3 said:
WOW! I'd say an AK would be pretty lucky to be owned by Taz.
Awwwwwwww shucks :redface:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.