Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: polish kit

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

well I guess all votes are in so I went with what seemed most popular and that is "keep it original" looking. So that is slant break and red grip.
    I checked head space and I am ok with it. folder and set screw in the break have been welded the weld filed down, polished then blued. I ground down the bayonet lug and put a drop of blue on the spots.
    the mag fit beautifull on this build, that is not allways the case, sometimes the well or the latch need adjustment.
    I want to send out a BIG thanks to everyone that took a moment to partisipate in this "our" build, all that bothered to vote thank's. this was one of the most fun builds I have done. I had no idea how it would look when it was done. I do not think I have EVER seen ANYONE do a build with the options chosen by the forum members. It realy has felt like a team effort. I hope haveing the info from inspection to first fire in one thread is fun and informative to others.
    The next post will have the photos we all are eager to have up.
    Again thanks to all thet took part directly in the decisions. :smile:
    the hotbarrel

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

here it is !!!!
    Last edited by hotbarrel; 08-26-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

more pics to enjoy
    Last edited by hotbarrel; 08-26-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

the last photo. next week I am going to fire the first round. I will let you know how it goes
    Last edited by hotbarrel; 08-26-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Feedback Score

looks great.. I'm gonna start my first build next week, hope mine turns out as nice?????
    Repeal FOPA NOW!!!!!

Feedback Score

That looks great hotbarrel!

I'm going to start soon on my next build and it will be very close/exactly what you have done here.

By the way, how did you take care of the soft ejector problem with the Vulcan receivers?
    ?Now the revenue man wanted gran?daddy bad,
    He headed up the holler with ever?thing he had,
    It?s b?fore my time but I been told,
    He never came back from Copperhead Road??
    - Steve Earle

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

You will have to harden it yourself. if it is too worn down you will have to build it back up before hardening. Basicaly heat, quench, reheat. ask for details in a thread and all the info will be in one place.
    Hay thanks for partisipating in our build

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I realy wish some of you that partisipated in the choises could have been here. it shot very nice with no problems in about three mags. I fired the first round by reaching around a tree just to be safer. after the first round I rechecked evrything before fireing more. evrything went great. ejector still looks ok too :woo:
    . nouthing beats the feeling of fireing rounds through your own build. the options WE chose, the parts I installed, useing the custom tools made by my own hands, the personal pride in craftsmanship, quatity checking as I go not just hopping it looks good enough when it comes in the mail. their is just no comparison to buying and building.

I fully encourage enyone to do a build, do it one step at a time, ask questions and you too will have that feeling of pride, and accomplishment. not to mention what your buddies will say when you show up with it and all they got is a wally-world special.

Feedback Score

Hey, Hotbarrel...

If you have time in the next couple of weeks...
    I just bought a Polish Kit!!!
    I just bought a Bulgarian Kit!!!
    Going to keep the Polish kit as original as possible like yours there, and the Bulgy is going to be Black and Nasty.
    We'll have some more step by steps, guys...
    maybe even sneek a couple of pics of that cool little bucking bar of yours in action!!!???
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.