Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: polish kit

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Default polish kit

well I hear vulcan has moved their ser. number so the reciever will accept a folder. SOoo I have a vulcan on the way and a new global polish kit on the way. I am looking forward to the new chalanges of installing a folder. I am going to weld it open and try to hide the weld so it can't be seen. orders placed for now , but I will update as things happen. I realy love the polish kits and it will be nice to not have to buy a wood stock this time.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I am going to keep posting here as this rifle comes along.
    So here is what came in the mail today. My first package from global. enclosed is oversized barrel pins, [just in case], U.S. made slant brakes, and a U.S. grip. I do not think I will use the grip but I have it if I want to. I allready have tapco G2 F.C.G., and tapco stainless gas piston.. now all I need is my PMKMS , reciever, and rivets.
    Hopefully the pmkms will be here next week, with the rivets and reciever soon after. I would post a photo of the break but I think It is a bit HO HMU. I will post the reciever when it gets here to show the repositinoed ser. number. I will post photos of the pmkms when it arives. I will try to get photos of the bucking bar in use if I can but work realy dose not like cameras.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Can you snap a photo of the bucking bar in-place, w/o the press, so we can get an idea of how you use it?

tia,
    - Jerry

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

teusday I will try to get a photo for you to see. "dam camera" If I can get a photo up you can see how easy it is. realy no reason to buy an expensive tool. well just a press. I will give some details of what I do as I press them too. I do not do it all in one crush ,,, so they come out nice

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

great news. a box from Global was at the door today.
    It is a super nice looking kit. I did however notice a few differances in the parts this time. first I noticed the grip is black, not the usual redish brown. next I noticed the bolt and carrier are not parked, they are bare metal. I had another kit come once with the bolt and carrier polished. this one is differant. next I noticed the thumb button that holdes the reciever cover in place is not parked either. last is the clear coat on the hand guard has some bubbles in it.
    All numbers match, I like that. finish looks great evryware I see no ware anyware, realy this is another great polish kit.
    I am building this kit because I finaly can keep it original look with a new vulcan. So now I have to decide, park the carrier and, or the cover retainer.
    I think I will leave it up to you guys. I will do whatever the majority wants to see. so guys, to park or not to park that is the question. also what kind of break? it is going to be U.S. but what kind slant, ak , krink what.
    Last edited by hotbarrel; 08-26-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

you can see the bucking bar in the photo, it is on the floor and the reciever is an older one so I can not use it with the folder. so now I wate for a new reciever.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

here are the photos of the bucking bar in the trunion.four are done down through the front and two through the trigger hole. their are no rivets in now because I am going to use another reciever. you can see how easy it is to use. basicaly I just put the hardened pin of the bar over the rivet and press on the bar to crush the rivet. Actualy I do it in a few steps so it comes out nice but you could just crush and it would work fine. I will go into detail of my steps, the what and why, after I crush them. shurly no need for anything fancy or a pricy gizmo unless you got extra bucks. you just have to drive a pin down hard enough to crush the rivet.

P.S. clearly it will be in the press not on a paper box when crushing LOL
    but as mentioned work will not alow photos taken in the building
    Last edited by hotbarrel; 08-26-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Gunco Regular Thumb Clip Pull Pin's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel
    here are the photos of the bucking bar in the trunion.four are done down through the front and two through the trigger hole. their are no rivets in now because I am going to use another reciever. you can see how easy it is to use. basicaly I just put the hardened pin of the bar over the rivet and press on the bar to crush the rivet. Actualy I do it in a few steps so it comes out nice but you could just crush and it would work fine. I will go into detail of my steps, the what and why, after I crush them. shurly no need for anything fancy or a pricy gizmo unless you got extra bucks. you just have to drive a pin down hard enough to crush the rivet.

P.S. clearly it will be in the press not on a paper box when crushing LOL
    but as mentioned work will not alow photos taken in the building
    Nice pictures! Keep 'em comin'! I have a couple of irons in the fire right now. I have to make a front trunion pressing fixture, a barrel pressing fixture, then I will have to make a rivity jiget as soon as I get caught up. I was thinking of making one of those big rivet crushers! I like the simplicity of your set up! I also thought that Global was sold out of the Polish kits. I will have to check and see if I can afford to order one of those for build number 2!

Yours,
    Thumb Clip Pull Pin

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Thumb Clip Pull Pin
    hay you forgot something ,,,,,,, to park or not to park?????
    come on evryone!!!! park or no park no answers means nouthing will see the hot acid. I think that cover retainer will look funny sticking out unfinished.

Feedback Score

PARK IT UP, DUDE!!!
    Gotta be parked
    to me, that's the only way to go :hdbng:
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.