counterfeit FEG
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: counterfeit FEG

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Talking counterfeit FEG

I always liked the look of the Hungarian rifles....just not the price. So I decided to make my own. I'll see if I can post a picture.........

Now for sale.....http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthre...189#post337189
    Last edited by Gone&didit; 04-11-2006 at 07:50 PM.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Clearer picture
    Last edited by Gone&didit; 03-31-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's cool. Maybe not quite kosher, but still cool. CNC engraved? Heck, maybe some Russian quality control marking would be up your alley as well. I'm not so sure that arsenal markings are what you want to be doing.

They still look very good!
    KGB member # 004

WECSOG 1984-2005

Imagine Whirled Peas

Those that can, do. Those that can't, talk about those that do.

wildmann43.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I just noticed the selector markings! Very nice!
    KGB member # 004

WECSOG 1984-2005

Imagine Whirled Peas

Those that can, do. Those that can't, talk about those that do.

wildmann43.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Nice!!!!!
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Self-Proclaimed Armorer bloodsport2885's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Whered you get the underfolder flat?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks guys!

The underfolder flat came from AK-builder.com. The marks are chem-milled into the receiver to about .005 to .006 deep. The other flat in the picture has North Korean markings. Design wise, the process is pretty much unlimited, so I'm going to make some Russian cyrillic marked ones next.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That is bad-ass! Very cool. I would love to know more about the process. There was a guy who was actually milling down non-gear logo marked Imbel FAL receivers and he had them engraved with all the correct marks from the country of choice. They looked incredible.

details, Details!!!

Note: careful about criticizing this people. Its only wrong if you try and pass it off as the real deal for money. Just like you owning a gun is only a problem if you use it for ileagal purposes.
    Visit http://www.WeaponsWorld.comfor the current ammunition sale prices!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan762
    That is bad-ass! Very cool. I would love to know more about the process. There was a guy who was actually milling down non-gear logo marked Imbel FAL receivers and he had them engraved with all the correct marks from the country of choice. They looked incredible.

details, Details!!!

Note: careful about criticizing this people. Its only wrong if you try and pass it off as the real deal for money. Just like you owning a gun is only a problem if you use it for ileagal purposes.

The chemical milling process in a nutshell:

1. A thin layer of photo sensitive material is laminated directly onto the receiver flat.
    2. On top of this material (called photo-resist) a photo tool with the image of the selector markings is taped.
    3. The whole shebang is exposed to UV light. This changes the chemistry of the exposed resist, making it resistant to the acids we etch with. The unexposed resist, protected by the photo-tool is still soft and is washed off.
    4. The flat gets etched.
    5. The still beating heart of a captured enemy is ripped out, atop our Aztec pyramid, in hopes that the Gods of Quality Contol will appreciate the scrifice.
    6. The part gets stripped of resist

Thats pretty much it (though the temp sevice is getting suspicious, we may have to drop step five ).

As to the "counterfeit marks"....yes, I have concerns. I'm pretty sure there are enough noticable differences that the Feds would easily be able to tell its not a genuine product. But FEG probably is a registered trade mark even if the company
    is no longer in the weapons business. Also I'm not sure of the legality of "made in Hungary" when clearly it is not.

I'm going to try and make a business of this and the market seems to demand that the Russian marks be next. Followed by the other nationalies ( Romanian, East German, Polish, Bulgarian.....)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Whose kit do you use for the chem etching?

And I'm sure you understand that an expressed concern is because we look after our own, Wildman is a licensed manufacturer. He knows what he's doing.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.