amd65 pistol

Thread: amd65 pistol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Postak amd65 pistol

hey I have a few questions, AMD-65 Pistol build. first the legal question. I know that a forward vertical grip may not be used. but I read someplace that to use the original handgaurd you must make it so it is not able to accept the front grip, is this true? and if it is does that mean that it is illegal to put a lower weaver rail on a pistol as that would make it possible to accept a vertical grip? I have seen pistols for sale with weaver rails on the hand gaurd. it's kinda confusing I mean it's bad enough that a vertical grip on a pistol is illegal...it makes no sense!! anyway the lower rail question is out of the way...anyone here know of a Handgaurd that will work with the AMD's HG retainer?? I can make the wood grip I have work with a little carving with a dremel but I want to use the Galil front grip on one of my kits, does it seem like it would be easy to modify to work? has anyone used one of these on an AMD? I have a AKM retainer that I was going to use on my saiga mod but never used it, I would rather avoid pulling the gas and sight block and would really appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Twissted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The only real difference in the AMD hg retainer is the locater pins that fit *inside* the stamped sheet metal hg. They can be removed or matching holes can be carefully drilled in the replacement lower hg.

As for the legality of a bottom rail, virtually *every* new full size pistol being produced today comes with one from the factory as standard or optional equipment. All are just 5 seconds away from being an AOW by clamping on one of those plastic "broom handles" popular on AR15s these days. Someone brought up the issue of a multi-purpose rail versus the dedicated PG square mount hole on the original lower being different legally. If you really wanted to CYA while retaining the original hg simply weld a patch over the square hole, or drill it out larger.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Just about any AK lower can be modified to fit the AMD.
    I took a Norinco lower and buzzed it down, rounded the edges, and it' looks
    real fine. Like Krink said, you can knock out those retainer tits with a punch.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Throbbing Member scheistermeister's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

i asked the same question about the lower weaver rail some time ago and was told by a few people on here that it was a no-no

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.