Gunco Forums banner

Gonna try a real short one.

8K views 103 replies 24 participants last post by  droog 
#1 ·
As near as I can figure out Im gonna need about a 1" gas piston with this little dude.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Since its for a pistol Im gonna use a stock commie piston.The shortest one Ive made that works so far is Slamfire51 s barrel and piston that piston was 2 3/8" long. Dont know yet if this one will hang up on the rear site block or not I may have to start with a really small gas port and work up. Im not even sure if there will be long enough stroke to work but wont know till I try.

#6 ·
Yes I will do that.I think I might do a little work on it over the weekend.I have to drive about 45 miles one way to use my friends lathe so I dont get much done during the week.

#12 ·
The top pic is after I heated and pressed a socket extention inside to iron out the flutes so the piston wont hang on the back. The middle is before .This thing is so damn cute if it dont work I may have to make an earring out of it.LOL :hippy:

#16 ·
Wait till my piston for it comes from Hotbarrel.Hes making me a little bugger.I just got a barrel from a guy in the mail today off of a Saiga. It got bent so I got it dirt cheap. Im gonna cut it off to about 7 3/4". That should leave me about 5/8" to thread for a muzzle device.It appears that Im gonna half to recontour the carrier so it dont hang up in the tube.

#18 ·
Found some batterys so here goes Top one is a standard length piston middle one is a AMD 65 length and the bottom one is the shorty Hotbarrel made for me.

Attachments

#23 ·
boy it looks good installed, I can clearly see the rounded corners, as apposed to the 45 degerre corners on the CNC ones made in huge groups.
I am realy happy it worked out for you, I hope the rest of the build goes just as well for you. any time I can help you out just let me know. HOTBARREL

#26 ·
I got the reciever and the trunion together .I need to get another gas tube to cut. the one I was gonna use just plain ass wont work. It wont allow the carrier to go in far enough so I have to find another 65 tube to cut down.then Ill be able to rock and roll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.