OOW Receivers

Thread: OOW Receivers

Feedback Score

Default OOW Receivers

Just wondering if the OOW receivers from Ohio Rapid Fire require trimming of the trunions or will the trunions fit without messing with them. I would be using this for a Romanian "G" kit

Feedback Score

I just did a search and found my answer...Anyways, if I may have to narrow the trunions, Does anyone have a good way to do this? Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I do mine with a hand-grinder. The OOW is a decent receiver, you'll probably like it

I've had decent luck with them in the past. I switched from the OOW to the Global Trades 1.6mm, but that's not to discredit the OOW.

Anyway, to narrow your trunions, here's the method I use: Clamp your trunions in a big vise. Take your hand grinder, and narrow down the width of the trunion. I usually do a side for a minute or so, then switch to the other side. It's a good idea to periodically fit the trunion into the receiver to see how much you've got left. Also, you can eyeball your progress to see which side of the trunion needs to have additional steel removed (to keep it centered in the receiver). It's trial-and-error. Try to remember that it's easier to remove steel than it is to put it back, so it makes sense to check your work as you go.

This is not rocket science, I can't stress that point enough. There are a lot of "purists" roaming about and you may get flamed for "butchering" a shitty Romanian kit. Grind away, my friend
    Я люблю работать с очень большими молотками
    Yuh nah waste out yuh chance fi paint di town red,
    Cause when yuh buss it up, a fi mek Babylon fled
    And uh respect rasta livety yuh nah dis no dread

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I have done about a dozen builds on oow receivers and never had to narrow the trunnion.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Global trades is a better receiver except for the dimple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    I have done about a dozen builds on oow receivers and never had to narrow the trunnion.
    Yeah, it seems like I remember you mentioning this in an earlier thread. It's wierd because all the earlier construction I did involved slightly narrowing the trunions. Maybe I'm just getting senile in my old age.
    Я люблю работать с очень большими молотками
    Yuh nah waste out yuh chance fi paint di town red,
    Cause when yuh buss it up, a fi mek Babylon fled
    And uh respect rasta livety yuh nah dis no dread

bsn
    Feedback Score

No need to narrow the trunnions with an OOw but you may need to shorten the receiver 1/16" on each end.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bsn
    No need to narrow the trunnions with an OOw but you may need to shorten the receiver 1/16" on each end.
    I have always found this to be true on OOW receivers
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bsn

Thankyou for your replies...But, they lead me to another question. Me, being a newbie and have never attempted a AK build before, how would one know if they need to cut 1/16 off of the ends of the receiver? Is it a deffinet thing that I would have to do? Is there something I can compare it too to see if I need to do this?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.