Furniture Photos - Black RIT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Furniture Photos - Black RIT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Furniture Photos - Black RIT

Well, many moons ago, I tried using RIT dye for the wood, and it came out ok... Actually, really, really black wood grain.

I stripped the furniture, and applied RIT black again. This time, I rubbed with a paper towel, then applied Formbys semi gloss.

-J
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. -Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

looks good...I'm working on a set with Blue RIT, so far it looks good, I'm on my fifth coat

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It looks real good to me. I might try some RIT dye on my next one.
    "Remember the Alamo"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I like that, it looks aged or "Battle Hardened". What is the recoil pad for? Longer LOP or to ease the thump........
    I cut it, and cut it, and cut it, and it was still to SHORT???????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Stock extension

Quote Originally Posted by dkf1998
    I like that, it looks aged or "Battle Hardened". What is the recoil pad for? Longer LOP or to ease the thump........
    It's actually a stock extension, 'cause the button kisses me a little too close occasionally. They're (maybe) $10 at Copes? Can't remember for sure. I picked it up at the last local Pittsburgh Gun Show. It's a lot more comfortable to shoot with the extension, and quite honestly, feels a bit easier to acquire sights.

I don't know if it eases any thump, 'cause it's pretty stiff stuff it's made of. Haven't noticed any difference.
    Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. -Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

is right. I have handled this weapon and the pics do not do it justice at all. Not even close!!!
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyCaravan
    It's actually a stock extension, 'cause the button kisses me a little too close occasionally. They're (maybe) $10 at Copes? Can't remember for sure. I picked it up at the last local Pittsburgh Gun Show. It's a lot more comfortable to shoot with the extension, and quite honestly, feels a bit easier to acquire sights.

I don't know if it eases any thump, 'cause it's pretty stiff stuff it's made of. Haven't noticed any difference.
    Yeah, those com-block folks must have short arms because those sawed off little buttstocks don't fit me at all, the odd thing is I just keep buying them and building them, kinda odd, almost like its some sort of sick twisted addiction.
    I cut it, and cut it, and cut it, and it was still to SHORT???????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That looks very very good. Very good, indeed.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I like that, looks great.
    Can you give a little info on mixing the dye to apply it? It's the powdered stuff isn't it?
    I'm asking because I never looked into doing this, I've only used stains or clear finishes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils
    I like that, looks great.
    Can you give a little info on mixing the dye to apply it? It's the powdered stuff isn't it?
    I'm asking because I never looked into doing this, I've only used stains or clear finishes.
    Actually, I use the liquid RIT. I paint it on with a brush, then let it air dry. After it dries, it will crystalize on the surface. (You'll only use 1/5th of one bottle, so no need to buy a bunch.)

I noticed the first time I did it, that sandpaper took all the coloring right off too quickly, so I soaked it again and left it black.

This time, I re-did it. I tried 1000 & 2000 grit sandpaper, but even that was a bit too much. I used a paper towel, lightly. That seemed to remove the crystalization, but left the stain.

One note: next time, I'll make sure to sand the stock better and finer, 'cause that black dye really shows the sanding marks after the clear coat dries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.