Gunco Forums banner

RUSTY BEAT UP PARTS KITS

2K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  rmartin 
#1 ·
Romanian "G"
I have order and sent back 2 kits, the bag of small parts have been so bad the disconnector springs have been rusted in half. One a $99 kit and the other a hand picked
$109 kit, are we at the bottom of the barrel is this all that is left?

#3 ·
I don't know anything the vendor you used but I do know that if you click the DPH Arms button at the top....you might do better. I've seen his kits

#6 ·
I just received another box of kits from CFS on weds.

I must be a lucky sob or something. So far I have gotten 2 yugo stamped fixed stocks, 1 milled yugo folder, 5 romy fixed, and 8 Suomis.

Other then not getting any slings for the Suomis yet I have nothing but praise for the kits. All three of the Yugos pass the bullet in bore test and one of them actually looks nice and smooth inside. All of the AKs have been heavily coated in cosmoline. All the parts are there, and all are in good condition. 2 of the Romys look unfired. The parking or blueing or whatever they do is still present on the FCG. The other threee are obviously used.

The Suomis are all very oiled, no rust. It looks like all 8 front fillers are salvageble, might be able to save 1-2 rear fillers. All 8 charge handles and springs are intact.

My only beef is the crappy boxes they use. Nothing falling out of the box yet, and all of my stuff has been bagged inside the box, but they are getting pretty beat up.

Anyway thats my .02

#7 ·
wait till you get a pint of oil running out of a unopend box on your carpet. they now bag those sunomis better. last time I spoke to Pam she said they were out of rommys for now. the best rommy kit I have got was a Tapco hand pick and it is new with perfect wood I think they were very low on them a month ago. DPH is A good supplier and a member here. That is who I would contact . I have been lucky with the C company for the most part 7 yugos all had a servicable bore last 6 rommys from three monthes ago were OK one had some rust on the RSB kind of bad but usable some were very good. I doubt that the hand picks even have the small parts checked.

#14 ·
I just bought another kit from TAPCO. I did it because they were offering a kit "package" that has the Romy kit, a side-folding folding stock, pistol grip, foreend and FCG for $200. The way I figure it is the FCG is $40, the foreend is $40, the stock is like $65 and the pistol grip is another $25... It's like getting the Romy kit for thirty bucks and I got free shipping and a "T" shirt to boot...

:D

#16 ·
Rmartin, if you need to order go ahead we have your back.:thumbup1:

Apparently one of the kits he is talking about came from us. One got by our packers. There human, so they do error. We issued a call tag and we're awaiting the return of the kit to see what happend. Can't be all that bad as the customer ordered 2 more kits to be shipped with his replacement.

Roger

#17 ·
A comment.

Cleaning the parts to view the condition will leave some without protection.

Springs and small parts are susceptible. I figure I can replace a $2 spring.

#24 ·
Well.. got bad news for you all...

It seems that the nice kits are almost gone.
Just got off the phone with my supplier.

The ones he checked had NICE barrels but had rust issues on the outside. Would clean up nice, but still.

#25 ·
I had one Romanian kit out of a half-dozen with rust problems. The first one I ordered back in January from a company whose name starts with C had a bolt that had an extractor and firing pin that was frozen with rust. The bolt also had rust on it. There was also some rust on the back end of the barrel where the bolt was. Since it was the first kit I have ever ordered, I didn't know any better. Everything I ordered since then has been great, from the same vendor and from three other ones besides. Kits I got from Roger were great.

#26 ·
Well I just received 2 kits from Cope's and they are in great shape. The last kit I orderd (from another company) had the bolt carrier and gas piston
missing. They shipped one out pretty quick, but of course the carrier didnt
match the rest of the kit. I am very satisfied with Cope's and will be dealing with them again. Thanks Roger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.