Gunco Forums banner

$89 Tapco AMD-65

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  sks_hunter 
#1 ·
Here's my 89 dollar AMD-65 I got from TAPCO. I bent the flat with the "Poorman's" method I posted about a while back, and screwed everything except for the fron trunion, which is riveted.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Excellent!!!!

#6 ·
Assuming the US parts are US receiver, US FCG, US gas piston = 5 and assuming for the tapco extended brake = 6. original handguards could be used if I'm figuring it right.

BTW nice looking build :D

#8 ·
sniper69 said:
Assuming the US parts are US receiver, US FCG, US gas piston = 5 and assuming for the tapco extended brake = 6. original handguards could be used if I'm figuring it right.

Thats what I did with mine.I liked the wood ones that came with it I couldnt bear to put those butt ugly black CAI grips on it.

#11 ·
sniper69 said:

That's what I did with mine.

Looks Good sks_hunter!

#12 ·
I used the extension that tapco sent with the kit. I ordered several of the tapco grips, and a galil style front handguard for another kit, but the handguard is backordered, so I wait for the grips. I would say she runs sweet, but to take it out and run it would be illegal, so I won't. I took the rear folder off so it wouldn't be finished, until I get my grips, Then, Hotbarrel, I will take you up on bringing it down and runnin the piss out of it!
parts count...
receiver (Tapco flat)
FCG
piston
front and rear grips (when they come in)
oh... does US paint count???lol
and for good measure, I'll be swapping out all of my mag floorplates and followers. I won't use these to count, but it won't hurt to go above and beyond.

P.S.
the only thing not built in to the gun is the rear sling loop. the one I got with the kit has an ear broken off. oh, well,... my dad always said... "you can't hit shit with that slung on your shoulder!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.