RPK74F range report (sort of)

Thread: RPK74F range report (sort of)

Feedback Score

Default RPK74F range report (sort of)

OK, I don't have size of my groups or anything like that. I managed to get out to the desert with some friends Sunday and go shooting. We only had about and hour and a half window of the day without rain, so we didn't get to do a whole lot. I did get to shoot my AK's in three different calibers though!!
    The RPK was pretty sweet, seems extremely accurate. No bench shooting here, just standing, prone and "squating". Took out numerous pop bottles and a honey dew melon at about 50 yards (I know not very sporting distance but its all this place allows for, and its free.) I had some FTE's that could be from several things but most likely a combination of those things. Not much to worry about, I think they will go away with more use. I have to say that the 5.45 in a RPK had more kick than I was expecting (which I was expecting next to none, silly me). I can see the benefit of firing prone with the bipod to keep rapid fired groups tighter. Standing rapid fire sent bullets all over the place, lol.
    I like the uniqueness of having the underfolder RPK, but now I do regret not being able to scope it as I think it would be a very decent ranged weapon. Maybe I'll pick up an Ulitimak and put a pistol scope on it, what do you think?
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Looks good PT. What desert do you shoot in? Kind of off topic here, but when I lived in San Diego, I remember people talking about the Sahuaro's. That is one cactus you don't want to steel.

Feedback Score

Yep Sahuaro desert, lots of prickly pear too.
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score

Also got out my Saiga .223 and Mean Green (the SAR1) that day too.
    He he photo op.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vis
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AK-47 user and abuser since 1980.
    http://strzelecka.net

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Looks and sounds like you had some fun. I haven't been shooting in a while and your pics make me want to do just that.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.