question on function test

Thread: question on function test

Feedback Score

Default question on function test

I just completed my Yugo M70 build and when I test fired it it was occasionally not striking the primers enough to fire . All spent cases showed fairly light primer indentations. When I reloaded the magazine with the unfired ones they all fired. The hammer seems to be contacting the rear of the bolt squarely, what I am wondering is if the firing pin might be battered enough on the rear to the point of not driving the pin into the primer. The gun headspaces properly and is quite tight. If it is the firing pin are they dimensionally the same as a Romanian firing pin? The gun has been thoroughly cleaned so I know that it is not cosmo=gunked-up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by few111
    I just completed my Yugo M70 build and when I test fired it it was occasionally not striking the primers enough to fire . All spent cases showed fairly light primer indentations. When I reloaded the magazine with the unfired ones they all fired. The hammer seems to be contacting the rear of the bolt squarely, what I am wondering is if the firing pin might be battered enough on the rear to the point of not driving the pin into the primer. The gun headspaces properly and is quite tight. If it is the firing pin are they dimensionally the same as a Romanian firing pin? The gun has been thoroughly cleaned so I know that it is not cosmo=gunked-up.
    Could it be the ammo? What type are you using? An AK should punch off just about anything, but obviously there's a problem with your's. I suppose that the firing pin could be damaged or slightly bent enough not to allow proper travel/contact with the primer. I hope that you get some good advice, and get it figuired out!
    "Remember the Alamo"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Pull your bolt out and shake it up and down, you should hear the firing pin clunk back and forth. If not, something is restricting it's movement. Could be bent or a chunk of something is in there. Does "thoroughly cleaned" mean the bolt was disassembled? Next, push the firing pin forward with your finger and check how much sticks out of the boltface. Should be about 1/16" or so. Is the tip undamaged? Broken off? If that all checks out, you may just have a weak hammer spring.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Are you getting a good strong click when the trigger is pulled on the misfires?

Perhaps your hammer is not being caught by the disconnecter and is following the bolt in.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.