Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: M70AB2 FINALLY built...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default M70AB2 FINALLY built...

Took awhile, but it's finally built. I left it in 'as-is' condition since it's looks like it's been around the Balkans hells half acre. Bore is actually not too bad.. shiny but a lil frosted. (I've got a cppl other primo Yugo kits to make up for that) Shoots great, I really like the design. Reciever was great to build on with the exception of a few holes that didn't quite line up (I wish they'd just leave the rivet holes undrilled). Had maybe 4 stove-pipes out of 60 rounds, but I think it might've been cosmo in the gas block or something since it seemed to be leaking heavily from that area (dam, thought I got it all out) it was ejecting brass about 10ft right and forward.

Last edited by SA58; 05-15-2006 at 02:12 AM.
    ...I'm not tense! Just terribly, terribly alert.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

She's a beauty. Where did you get your kit? How much? Did you have to specify stampped receiver when ordering? I'm saving my pennies for one, but don't want to end up with a milled version.

Feedback Score

Nice carving. Looks perfect.
    Wheather we bring justice to our enemies, or bring our enemies to justice.
    Justice will be served.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks!
    The kit was one of 3 from the original CFS pre-order from wayyy back when. The other two were garbage and got sent back for an exchange... this one had the 4 C's and spoke to me so I kept it. I honestly don't remember what it ran me... $165??

If your saving for one, definately specify stamped. I think they're usually sorted out that way anyways... I believe Akron has them in. Wherever you decide to pick one up, pick up one with the best bore condition you can get, even if it means spending extra dough.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looks sweet! Which receiver did you use?
    Retired US Navy
    NRA Life Member -- NAHC Life Member
    "Take, sink, burn, or destroy the enemy fleet": Lord St.Vincent's orders to Nelson off Toulon, 21 May 1798
    Pretty much spells it out, huh?

Feedback Score

Nice job!
    I am going to leave my kit as original as practicable as well.
    The forearm on my kit has some distinctive, and unusual carvings that I haven't figured out yet, despite posting a picture of them on various forums.
    I have a DCI receiver, and hope (fingers crossed) all the predrilled holes will line up!

~LARGO~

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I used a DCI reciever and it worked out very nice. The only tweeking I had to do was file the part of the rail where it butts up against the front trunnion a tad to seat the front trunnion all the way in... and I had a few holes that didn't line up. I really wish they would've just left the rivet holes off the front trunnion if nothing else.. it's kind of unrealistic to assume they're going to be consistent on every single rifle. But really, it was no big deal to egg the hole out a little bit... you'll never see it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up Very Nice

I love the battlefield pick up look, great job. I have a kit I got when Centerfire had them. When it goes together it wants to be just like yours.
    Try not to draw fire, It tends to piss off those people around you.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I like the original finish on that rifle...even the reciever looks like it matches perfectly. NICE job!!!!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Looks good!!

The through rivet heads are nice. Much problem on those?
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.