homemade wood fore grip, gas tube cover

Thread: homemade wood fore grip, gas tube cover

Feedback Score

Default homemade wood fore grip, gas tube cover

got off my butt and made a wood fore grip and gas tube cover. and yes I cheated I used a end mill. the end mill worked a lot better than a drill press and a router table.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Mutt,

Ahh, I think that work smarter not harder comes in to play on this one. If ya got the tools to make it flaunt it baby...... Hummmm oak???? is that oak I see. Very nice.... Don't be surprised by people asking if you do side jobs to...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Talking

I just did for the wood lol. I'm looking to find some bastone wood to send him if he is willing to do a lower HG for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt762x39
    Mutt,

Ahh, I think that work smarter not harder comes in to play on this one. If ya got the tools to make it flaunt it baby...... Hummmm oak???? is that oak I see. Very nice.... Don't be surprised by people asking if you do side jobs to...
    If any punk kid ever comes up to you asking for your `Gang Sign` Tap your chest twice then your forehead once. After doing that only upon a threat do you draw your glock and show him what you meant.

WOLVERINES!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Is that a first effort? That looks pretty damn good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looks great Mutt. Wait 'till you see the full set of furnature I am making for my Vepr K out of Pepper Laminate!

Feedback Score

Lt, yes oak, free and took 8 monts to dry out! the wate was killing me.

glock, like I said in my p.m. this is my first try and Im still having problems with the guard leaning. the onlu real time I can do this is when Im on nights for boss reasons you might be better servied by one of the iornwood #2 sets the lowers are cheep with small faults in them, unless you are looking for a special look.

ohmysac, yes first try at this alot harder than I thought. the end mill will chip the wood easer when moving cross grain than the rougter will.

rj308, peper lam. ? never heard of it. sounds like a hot one would love to see a pic of the wood.

all thanks for the kind words muttman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mutt,
    I know you have seen the black/grey laminated stocks that Ruger puts on their stainless guns. That's what they (Boyds Gunstocks ) call Pepper laminate. Ive finished the grip, which will be separate from the buttstock and I am working on the inletting of the buttstock now. The forend blanks were back ordered but should be here in a week or so. It should look good with that fine black finish that Molot put (past tense) on their guns. Mine is a Vepr K in 5.56. I am going to shape the forend to be a little more traditional AK and it will be a little shorter, exposing a little more of the gas block. I'll definitely post pics when I finish it.

Self-Proclaimed Armorer bloodsport2885's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Pretty sweet. I wish I could find some nice wood (something good looking) for my underfolder build.
    Hold Mah Beer and watch this sh*t.

Feedback Score

bloodsport,
    you mignt try looking at a factory. you would be shocked at the amount of crate wood that is the good stuff, it is just ruf cut and cheep from the saw mill. muttman

Feedback Score

Default i got some awesome wood

I've got some burled maple that I've been hanging on to for a neet project. If you could make me a full stock set I'll send it to you. I was going to use it for my carvings, but if you can make me a stock that holds priority.
    Freyoc

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.