5.45X39, Five Round Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.45X39, Five Round Magazine

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Default 5.45X39, Five Round Magazine

Didn't have much to do today so I thought that I'd make a five round magazine for my AK-74. Yes, I did have to sacrifice a 30 round magazine but the 30 rounders are plentiful.

Haven't had a chance to shoot the rifle with it but I don't have any doubts it will work. I will post a tutorial on the assembly later.

"Click On Picture To Enlarge"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

looks good. Did you make this to cover a magazine capacity restriction with hunting or just because?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

A gift for D. Fuckstein perhaps.LOL

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

That looks pretty darn good to me, I'm looking forward to the tutorial. I'd be willing to sacrifice a 30 rounder or two due to Ohio hunting regulations. (yeah, I'm pretty doubtful any real penalty would be imposed for being caught with a 30 rounder with 2 or 3 rounds in it out blasting groundhogs, I've done it before) I would like to be in complete compliance in my pursuit to take some coyotes with an AK74 though.

My CUR2 came with a cut down steel 30 round 5.45 mag, function is fine but it tends to hang up in the magwell, sometimes on insertion and other times upon removal. It's considerably shorter than your converted Bulgarian mag which could possibly be the culprit. In the event there are any glitches with your project I'd be happy to post pics/measurments of the Rommie 5 rounder and spring.

Feedback Score

Nice Job Toten!!
    I managed to pick up a 5 round Romy mag from a guy on another forum, had to do a little filing but it fits real nice now.
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Was just blocking the mag not an option....or just bored? Can you temp block one for hunting or does it have to be permanent? Or does it depend on your state? I just heard from a local guy doing gun safety at a high school that in TX mag cap is not an issue with deer...any TX folk that can clear that up for sure?
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by magnus392
    Was just blocking the mag not an option....or just bored? Can you temp block one for hunting or does it have to be permanent? Or does it depend on your state? I just heard from a local guy doing gun safety at a high school that in TX mag cap is not an issue with deer...any TX folk that can clear that up for sure?
    Dunno about Texas, heck I don't even know the particulars here but the 5 rounders are easier to pack. When I take my 5.56 Norinco out for groundhogs I always tuck a spare 5 rounder in my back pocket. Hmm, if my memory serves me correct I've never been lucky enough to actually need it...Nice to have back-up though!

BTW, the tutorial is located here in case you're interested:5 Round Magazine Tutorial

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

The main reason I made the five rounder is when I zero the rifle I like to use a bench rest (I know the AK is not a bench rest gun...LOL). The rest just makes it easier and you can't use the thirty round mag with the rest. There isn't enough clearance. And yes, I was bored...LOL

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

That is cool, once I get a few more mags I will have to try it
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

Why not make 20rd mags? Its a great idea and much better than glue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.