Krink clone from a Romanian?

Thread: Krink clone from a Romanian?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talking Krink clone from a Romanian?

Hey guys,

So far I have been accumulating kits to build when I have some more spare time, or any spare time for that matter. I have stockpiled about 10 or 11 kits and I have been thinking about what configurations to build. I would like to take one of my Romanian $100 kits and build it into a Krinkov clone. I figure that once I have the experience with the standard AK variants down it shouldn't be too hard. I am just curious if anyone has been down that road and if so if there is an online chronicle of it or anyone with some tips and things to watch out for. I assume that I can just cut back the Romanian barrel and drill a new gas port in it and move back the gas system, shortening where appropriate. I figure I will get a sidefolder, like the bulgarian variants as I like that better than the UF. I plan on going the SBR route and paying the tax if I go through with the project. The sidefolder stocks are fairly pricey so if I can get the hardware and stock block I may just make my own stock. I have not built an AK yet other than helping a friend do his but I have built a lot of other stuff. I have a mill, MIG welder, press and I just got a small TIG but haven't messed with it yet. I figured I would see if anyone has done this before so I can learn from others instead of learning from my own mistakes

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

It has been done in one form or another, mtdew built a nice krink from a mixture of parts, do a search under "krink of sorts". The parts are out there, try http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/ or a guy on gunbroker named ruseller.
    www.k-var.com should have the front sight gasblock you need or you can cut the front sight off and TIG weld it to your gasblock. Keep searching, ask questions and maybe put an ad in the WANT AD section. Tony
    IF YOU RUN, YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks,Tony! 10mm,that was an interesting project,alot of work but well worth it.I biult alot of the stuff from scratch or by modifing others. You can save alot of work if you buy stuff from k-var,or save many $ doing it yourself. Just search this forum for"krink of sorts" for a rather long winded diatribe on how I built it.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

mtdew, credit is given-where credit is due. That was truely a sweet build . and like you said, it's in how much you want to fabricate yourself. You have given me some " can do" insentive.
    IF YOU RUN, YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mtdew I read over that thread and I appreciate you posting all of the info. It will probably be a while before I build it but I like to have all of the info in advance.

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You are welcome,Sir.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.