Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got RPK ? - new family photos

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Got RPK ? - new family photos

Finished up the last RPK-74 build. Laminated wood. Done with the RPK builds (for now) and figured it was time for a family photo. Yes, more build it yourself, self promoting, gun related dribble (or is that drivel?)

For better or worse here's the family.

Pirate - catch me if you can........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

IMPRESSIVE!
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

wow, those are beautiful!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

BigAl;
    You did this to me. I was happy going along in life with regular AK-47s and -74s then I kept reading the posts you had talking about the virtues of the RPK. Damn it, next thing you know I was craving the RPK.

Did I do that?

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Illya,
    Those are beautiful... I can't even think of keeping up with you as you seem to be in hyperspeed building. I will be happy to get a couple of receivers to build my M95A's on one day. The Bulgy RPK's are really fine, but like everything else, there is a limit as to what one can pay for so many kits. I did get a Yugo 7.62 x 39 mm RPK before they sold out. As yours is, great looking weapon and very accurate!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

WOW.......
    Them sure is some pretty girls you got there!
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”
    Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Awesome Illya!!!!!!!!!! not only are you a supreme build meister you are the most supreme Wizzard of Wood!!
    And scope rails on them to boot!
    I only see one adjustable bipod in the bunch though.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Beautiful RPKs Illya!!!!! BigAl and I have built 2 and are working on 3 more. The RPKs seem to take a little more time and patience than a standard AKM. I know we've been messing around with ours for nearly a year now.

Illya, I can't remember what finish you put on your Yugo or is it original? Mine has about 70-80% blueing and I'm considering getting the whole barrel and reciever blued to make it look new again. The bore on mine is excellent and wood turned out pretty decent also. I just want a decent finish to match the rest of the rifle. I considered gun kote, but decided this is too nice of a kit to not try and make it as close to original as possible.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

My Yugo RPK is original blued metal finish. If I were to ever refinish the metal, I'd pay someone and get it finished in deep blue with bluing salts. Probably could get it done for less than $100. Sure would be pretty

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Illya Kuryakin
    My Yugo RPK is original blued metal finish. If I were to ever refinish the metal, I'd pay someone and get it finished in deep blue with bluing salts. Probably could get it done for less than $100. Sure would be pretty

That's what I'll be doing. There's a shop close to me that does blueing, but I don't know if he could do something as long as an RPK. I may have to do the reciever and barrel separately.

You did very well on your Yugo. That's by far the best condition Yugo RPK that I've seen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.