Krink build

6K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Jeffaksks 
#1 ·
My current project. Yugo M-92 on a AK-Builder flat

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
7.62x39 said:
Blind pin, straight up through the bottom.
It's really the only choice when using aluminum. Welding or silver solder won't work.
Looks good!, who has those cans? I've seen them, just don't remember where. I wish someone could come up with a solution for a steel collar or something... I just can't stand the idea of a blind pin. Drilling into it. I know nobody will know or see. And before some wise-ass tells me to SBR it, they won't let me do that in my state. And before another wise-ass tells me to move... I'm not.

#9 ·
...hmmm, not that I could see. DPH looks like they've just got the ORF type.

That's the way it always goes... I surf so much of this stuff that I can never remember where I saw something when I need to access it.... I just remember that I saw it. Tortureous.

#10 ·
I got the fake can from AK-builder as part of a complete build package he used to offer.
It included a M-92 flat, M-92 gas piston, fake can and a G-2 FCG.

The gas piston and can are no longer listed on his site and the flat is listed as discontinued.
These were a great deal for M-92 builders.
Everything you needed to build a legal length, 922r compliant rifle, all in one package.

I don't think I've ever seen the M-92 pistons anywhere else.

Copes still has the can listed, a little way down on the right.
http://www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm

#11 ·
sorry, your right, "copes" is where I saw it. :confused: I knew I seen it somewhere, just thought it was DPH and didn't bother checking. I know waht your saying about surfing too much and not remembering where ya see stuff later on, happens to me all the time. Case and point.

#13 ·
SA58 said:
I wish someone could come up with a solution for a steel collar or something... I just can't stand the idea of a blind pin. Drilling into it.
youre in luck, on the yugo krink there is a slot milled thru the threads in the 6 oclock postion so all you have to do is drill the hole in your fake can to correspond with that slot.

The only approved method I am familiar wth on the aluminam bbl extension is to blind pin and then weld with aluminum filler over the steel pin so its permanitley captured and not readily accesable . I have not seen the approval letter personaly but this is what I was told by one of the big mp5 clone builders that they had to do to satify atf tech on the use of an aluminum bbl extension

#16 · (Edited)
Stickerman said:
I actually have the gas pistons AK-Builder.com - Content

And... today I got in another small batch of the M92 flats, but I haven't had a chance to add them back to my site.

Sorry Curtis, I missed the pistons.
Your M-92 flat fits like a dream.

panaceabeachbum said:
youre in luck, on the yugo krink there is a slot milled thru the threads in the 6 oclock postion so all you have to do is drill the hole in your fake can to correspond with that slot.
That's strange, mine has no slot in the threads.

If you look at the pic of the bare barrel above, there is a unthreaded portion on the FSB/GB just in front of the threads.
I measured out the location for the pin hole so that it goes into this area.

#17 ·
Stickerman... already have your piston, very nice repro. I haven't got my kit in front of me to see what the best method is going to be here... but unless I come up with another solution, I guess it's going to have to be a blind pin.

#18 ·
7.62x39 said:
That's strange, mine has no slot in the threads.

If you look at the pic of the bare barrel above, there is a unthreaded portion on the FSB/GB just in front of the threads.
I measured out the location for the pin hole so that it goes into this area.
youre right, no slot on either of the ones from centerfire, I was almost positive the set I bought from orf a few years ago had a slot at the 6 o'clock position, my bbl extension is perm pinned in place so I am going to guess I must be mistaken

#24 ·
Thanks Guys.

I usually use Brownell's baking lacquer or Aluma-hyde ll for finishing, this was my first time using gunkote. I'm very impressed with it and will probably use it from here on out.

They have a new color that Salbo turned me on to, called AKblack.
The kit was mint, so I was hoping to get away with just refinishing the receiver.
The color matched the rest of the kit pretty well until I baked it.
After baking, the gunkote stayed pretty much the same, but the original finish on the rest of the kit changed color.
I ended up blasting everything and starting over from scratch.

After re-doing the whole thing (except the can, I had that powder coated) in Gunkote and baking it again, I was very pleased with the results.
I also left the folder in the original finish, since it did not go into the oven, the color matched.
The Gunkote seems to be a much tougher finish than the other stuff.

I sprayed it with a inexpensive (middle grade) air brush from Harbor Freight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.