Gunco Forums banner

Yugo M95 range report

593 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jjglith 
#1 ·
I took the M95 to the range today for its maiden voyage. I have to say this is the ultimate AK. I loaded the first mag to give it a function check and fired the first round, it didn't cycle the bolt. So I loaded up another round and watched the action for another round. the carrier didn't move, then I realized the gas ststenm was turned off. after turning it on It ran 30 rounds rapid fire as smooth as a whistle.
The gun has almost no recoil, the action is smooth as glass and it is easy to keep on target to pump in the lead.
I sighted it in at 50 yards, all I had were some 50 foot pistol targets and the bulls eye was a little small, that and the sun reflecting off the rear sight leaf gave my tired eyes a workout getting it on target. I used Wolf 60 grain fmj ammo. The target is off a sand bag of 20 rounds rapid fire. the results were very good. This is a great plinker. I could keep a 1 gal plastic jug bouncing at 100 yards. the lack of recoil makes recovery fast and you can lay out some serious lead with this thing. This will be a much used gun, unlike my other ak rifles.
NDS did a most excellent job with the receivers, Thanks NDS!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
that is a very nice looking build, glad to hear it is going well.
OK OK I have to ask,, what is next to it??? looks like a spade grip to me.. 1919 maby?? I see what looks to be some kind of leg comming out from under it???

I know a LOT of guys are building the M95 now I hope that are all getting the positive results you are.

great job!!

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.