BUILD OPINIONS WANTED
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BUILD OPINIONS WANTED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default BUILD OPINIONS WANTED

i need another .223 rifle.(5.56 x 45).
    i could put a 600.00 AR together but i'd really like an AK platform. can this be done for close to the same price ? don't want the russian .223, already have shitloads of nato.
    it seems like a bolt and chambered barell is all i would need but i've never re chambered a rifle. thanks in advance. btw, i have a Hungarian, Romanian U/F, and Romanian G kit still lift to build so i might use one of those if possible. the underfolder would be my first choice.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Not many kits in 5.56 out there. Krink's

I Know KVAR has one for like 649?

I know where you can get a 5.56 Yugo kit for $350

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16008
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I think the best way to go would be a .223 Saiga and reconfigure it to the AKM look. You can do it pretty cheaply with just the pistol grip conversion or go whole hog and replace the front hand gaurds, hell I even put a Bulgi 74 style side folder with a Russian polymer buttstock on mine. The other route you could go is buy one of the new SLR-106's for about $775.00 and have one hell of a nice rifle.
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

For no more than $600 (likely less) I'd put together that Yugoslavian M90. You'll have a nice rifle and a rare varient with the underfolder you wanted. If you're really on the cheap then I'd do a Saiga conversion, but you'd still have to find an underfolder stock and trunnion. And if your REALLY on the cheap, you could just pick up a .223 WASR or whatever it is they're calling it these days and convert that. From what I've seen and heard it's a lot of dickin around to try to convert a 7.62 rifle to a .223 (re-barrel, bolt, carrier, feedramp), so I'd just build your existing kits as is.. I don't think you'd same much money trying to reverse engineer one of those.
    ...I'm not tense! Just terribly, terribly alert.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

...btw, those M90 kits are $350 down from the $600 original price (you guys remember that??) I've got two and one dedicated reciever, woohoo!!

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Take a look at the new offerings on Centerfires kit page. They just listed an underfolder " front end " kit in .223. Looks like everything except the underfolder stock for $199.00. I'm thinking of getting one and just using a Yugo wood stock.
    Bing Bang Boom, A Yugo virgin .223 fixed stock rifle for $199.99
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

even better!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Bradock the onlyCFS $199 kit I saw was with out the actual barrel. am I missing some thing here?

you can build a 223 on a Rommy 7.62x39 kit with a 223 bulgy bolt and bullet guide using a $50 dollar take of barrel for around $230. that was the base of my 223 varmit build. $70 rusty rommy kit. $60 Bulgy bolt $10 dollar bullet guide. $15 bulgy mag $35 FGC $10 tapco blank and what ever barrel you can come up with figure around $50 for a good take of on ebay turn the barrel to what ever profile you want. and there you have it.
    no buying a 300 dollar+ gun then having to modify it no FFL and it will take high cap mags. it will take some machine work and above average build skills to do but that is half the fun. I have over $500 in mine with a bull barrel 32x scope fiberforce stock versa pod ect ect. It will shoot on par with a $1500+ AR varmiter and looks cooler as well

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...OD&ProdID=1037

The barrel is that long round shiney thing towards the bottom
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

as far as a .223 rifle...there are other options, kel-tec su-16, mini-14,....the centerfire kit looks quite promising, drilling the gasport hole is easy, do you need to mill the slots for the handguard retainer?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.