Thread: Any Ann Arbor, Michigan area builders?

Feedback Score

Default Any Ann Arbor, Michigan area builders?

Brand new builder having a hell of a time getting the project rolling. Looking for any builders in the Ann Arbor / Jackson area of Michigan that might not mind taking a fresh fish under the wing for his first build. I have all I need except a receiver (willing to go with a flat or pre bent depending on what other builders can help me with)

Feedback Score

I don't know what town he is in but Ken K. of Global Military Gunsmithing is in Michigan. He built my Polish Underfolder and did an excellent job.

HTH.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ken K is in Farmington Hills - just dropped off a couple of Romy front ends for him to parkerize this evening. I am in Lenewee Co. - not too far from you - I work in Ypsi. What in particular are you stuck on and what are you working with as far as tools go? If there is something you need help with that I could assist you with I'd be glad to help with the tools I have. In my opinion, on your first build it would be best to use an already done receiver - rails welded in, heat treated, has a finish already on it - like the NodakSpud AKM Economy receiver. At $50 shipped to your FFL, you cant beat it. To build on a bent blank or flat requires alot of tooling and cutting/fitting- can be made/done easily by a handy person, but may be time consuming. Also, even with the best build tools, expect to have to do a little "tweaking" to get everything to work. PM or e-mail me for a ph # if you want any more info.

Pit Bull

Feedback Score

I have a drill press, Dremel, hand drill, air compressor, vice, tool box full of tools, calipers, and a few other odds and ends. I have managed to spend a little over $800 in an attempt to build my own AK, so far I have a pile of f*cked up receivers, a barrel pin that will not come out (now possably heading for the scrap pile as well after drilling out rivets and going too deep).

The last I knew, thanks to your pals in Lenawee County, I can not buy a firearm, but I can possess them. (read that again prior to getting all lawyer on me, and no I have no clue why I can't buy but I can own / build either.. all I know is what the ATF / FBI has said to me after a DUI arrest two years ago)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have never herd of a DUI conviction stopping anyone from buying a firearm. I dont know how Michigan does its background ck's but thats not right.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I know Michigan suure keeps you on record a LONG time! I recently went for a handgun permit here in Missouri & the only thing they could find on my reccord ,was a DUI from Ypsitucky Michigan in 1973. I was embarrased!
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

Like I said, don't ask me. I had cash in hand to buy a Dragonov about a year ago and was rejected. I sent all the info to find out why and got the reply that it was due to the DUI (that was dropped to an OUIL by the way) and probation I got thanks to it. I asked about owning / building and the person I talked to said that it was not an issue, buying was the only thing. (I had been off probation for well over a year, only was on till I paid the fines off and I even had asked the judge AND my probation officer about buying / owning firearms and neither had any issue with it as they knew I was attempting to go to school to be a gunsmith and had a firearm based business in Duracoat. I even called my old probation officer when I was rejected and he gave me paperwork for the appeal process and got the judge to write a letter saying that he himself did not have an issue with me buying then or now but it was not good enough for the ATF. I never got a straight answer if I will ever be able to buy or not.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If you are off probation I would look into having it expunged.

Feedback Score

Hey what's up I am in warren MI I have done screw /weld /rivet/ builds flats coldsteel blanks u bend /weld flats and 1 100% reciver global the global was soooooooo sweet to build on if you need any help let know my shop/garage is aways open to fellow builders ps my welder died so for the moment i am with out one
    b-stan-k

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by big-stan-k
    Hey what's up I am in warren MI I have done screw /weld /rivet/ builds flats coldsteel blanks u bend /weld flats and 1 100% reciver global the global was soooooooo sweet to build on if you need any help let know my shop/garage is aways open to fellow builders ps my welder died so for the moment i am with out one
    b-stan-k
    Always open huh...
    I'm in need of inspiration. I got a mess o parts, lots of tools, TONS of stuff I built while bored to death at work. lol, just turn me loose.
    oooo, almost forgot. A tad south of Detroit I is, sounds like a build party getting together for us f&#ksticks in Mi.
    ps. I have stick, mig and spot welders. ready for action.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    They would have a long time ago, when our government became self serving and lied so openly that the taste of disgust can't be cleared with bleach.
    WTF happened to our country?
    member # 575

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.