After much frustration from shipping problems, my Romy G Kit has arrived.
It is in pretty good shape except for slight rust with no pitting and a really rough finish on the furniture. The rough furniture finish is almost taken care of already. I spent the night and most of the morning lovingly sanding. The Butt Stock is smooth and almost ready for paint. So is the furniture off the Gas Tube.
Last night I also took the receiver parts still stuck to my from and back trunions off. Also ground them smooth to the trunion surface and put a dimple in the rivets to guide the drill bit when I drill them out this weekend.
I love this so far. Just something about crafting something. PRIMAL!
The big handle on the Fore Guard was way to big for me. So I am reshaping it by hand. Making it a little more comfortable for my hand.
The front untouched
The front ground
The front apart