Gunco Forums banner

'75 Rommy RPK

753 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  davidfxs 
#1 ·
Finally finished mine. It is a non matching kit, but it head spaced as well as any of my matching ones. The original finish on the barrel and dust cover was a nice blue/black parkerize, so I left it alone and matched the finish on the DCI receiver by just using Casewell Black Oxide straight over the raw heat treated receiver before I assembled or riveted. I think it matches pretty well. The wood I scored from Stottman quite a while ago, as what came with it was pretty tough.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks premo. I need to get some better wood for mine. Butt stock is ok, but my handguards have that "abused" look.

#7 ·
Your build looks great - specially the rear rivets. those are always the tough part.

I'm building one right now - a 1965 model Romanian RPK. Man! That barrel's tighter than anything I've ever worked on, and getting the barrelled receiver to fit on my 12-ton press is difficult at beast. On the other hand, as it goes together it looks really sweet. I love the longer barrel, and of course the bipod is fantastic. Can't wait to get this out to the range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.