Second build
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second build

Yo, what up my Ninja! gmanindahood's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Second build

Just wanted to show a few pics of my second AK build. It definitely went alot smoother and quicker than the first.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It takes a nation of millions to hold us all back!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

And here's a few pics of my third build. I wanted to try a complete screw build. Last time I do that! As you can see, I still have to do the finish work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cimarron

Gman,
    those are some nice guns to be proud of. I like the wood on the first one! I never did a screw build but got all the stuff to do one. It is just as easy for me to squeeze those ole rivets and be done with it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

nice job the more you do the easier they get

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks for the positive votes!
    Cimarron, The wood on the first one was stained with liquid Rit clothing dye (Scarlet Red) and the pics do not do it justice. The red is dark and deep. It's the best finish I've ever put on anything in my life. As for the screw build...NEVER AGAIN. Trying to tap into those trunions was a real pain in the ass. I'm glad I didn't follow other's advice and do a screw build first because I would have never built a second one!
    fatboy, really glad to hear you liked 'em. Thanks again for the cd. The screw build is going to be the one I put the camo on. I'll send more pics when it's completed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

By the way, as you can see in the first pic the forened pistol grip was cut off, shaped, sanded, and then stained. I then took the piece that I cut off and used it as the wooden trigger grip on the screw build gun. I drilled a hole straight thru and opened up the top so that I could use the original hardware to mount it. I still have a little bit of shaping to do but the grip is really comfortable. I try to do my part and recycle!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

First these look good. Second is it me or is the top handguard not installed?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Nice pair!
    They do get easier after the 1st....
    Good job!
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”
    Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gmanindahood
    And here's a few pics of my third build. I wanted to try a complete screw build. Last time I do that! As you can see, I still have to do the finish work.
    Nice build, but did you leave the top hand guard off so that you could warm your hands on a cold day? lol. If I might make a suggestion, I cut finger groves in my foward grip. It makes it look cooler and it makes it easier to control the weapon( for me anyway ). As soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll show whay I mean. Cosmeticly speaking its the one thing you can do that makes your weapon standout from all the rest.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks again to all of you for the positive feedback.
    For the gun in the top pic I'm going to use a metal ventilated handguard and give it a black finish. Just waiting for it to arrive. As for the second one, I had stripped all of the wood off and only put the lower HG and the stock on for the pics. Only want to remove it once to reduce the chance of breakage. I swear I have nothing against upper handguards, and besides that I do want to keep my fingertips! Dragonwolf, please do post your pics so I can see what you did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.