Gunco Forums banner

7.62x25 conversion (vid)

7K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  BIG 54R 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Bluejack said:
What kind the barrel are you use ? .224 ? and where can you find one ?
i used the barrel from a pps43 parts kit,cut it to 6.25 inches and a piece of romy barrel left over from a pistol build.counter bored the romy barrel .625 inches deep and done a .002 press fit of the two and tig welded the seam.make sure you use a pilot with the counterbore

#9 ·
That's sweat!!!
I really like how you blended the new mag well into the mag release area.

After watching the videos it looks like it throws the empties just like the CZ52, about 20 yards or more. :D

#12 ·
azhonkey said:
i used the barrel from a pps43 parts kit,cut it to 6.25 inches and a piece of romy barrel left over from a pistol build.counter bored the romy barrel .625 inches deep and done a .002 press fit of the two and tig welded the seam.make sure you use a pilot with the counterbore
azhonkey, hope you don't me all my questions, as you can probably tell I'm itching to build one of these :)

What diameter did you use for the counterbore and the pilot ? Also, did you mean 0.625 inches for the length to cut the pps43 barrel? One last question - did you weld up the gas port?

#13 ·
chapaev said:
azhonkey, hope you don't me all my questions, as you can probably tell I'm itching to build one of these :)

What diameter did you use for the counterbore and the pilot ? Also, did you mean 0.625 inches for the length to cut the pps43 barrel? One last question - did you weld up the gas port?
the counter bore was .500 inches,.625 deep.i did weld up the gas port.you will have to turn a pilot to fit the bore.

#35 ·
Az,
I just noticed that on this project (using the pps 43 magwell), you have 80 degrees +/-.
On one of you 9 milly builds , you used the homemade magwell and went 82 degrees +/-. MY point?? who the hell knows.:biggrin:
82 degrees does work with the pps magwell.
It seems like the pps 43 mages have a rough edge on the feed lips. (interior)
Anyone else notice this?

#23 ·
Let me see if I got it straight. You basiclly cut the chamber off the pps43, bored the chamber on the AK barrel, press fit the chamber section in, and welded. How much free bore is there?

I'm trying to figure which way to go. Do it your way or sleeve the pps43 barrel and install a welded extension.

#24 ·
Gunter said:
Let me see if I got it straight. You basiclly cut the chamber off the pps43, bored the chamber on the AK barrel, press fit the chamber section in, and welded. How much free bore is there?

I'm trying to figure which way to go. Do it your way or sleeve the pps43 barrel and install a welded extension.
not sure what you mean by free bore,when you press the two together there is no gap inside the barrel,another way to do it is take a romy barrel and counter bore the chamber and turn a plug,press it in,plug weld it and weld the face of the chamber 360 degrees and rechamber it in 7.62x25.

#25 ·
What do you mean by extending the feed lips? Could you elaborate? Fantastic conversion BTW!

#26 ·
rbthntr64 said:
What do you mean by extending the feed lips? Could you elaborate? Fantastic conversion BTW!
the part of the mag in the red circle has been increased about 1/4 inch.keeps the round in the mag longer when it chambers.more reliable.the mag on the left is a ppsh41,same as the one on the right that has been modified.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.