Gunco Forums banner

My latest Build - AK Bullpup

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  keebo52 
#1 · (Edited)
My latest Build - AK Bullpup **NEW PICS**

Here's my latest build. I took an old ak build from last year and added an amd65 forearm, forward trigger, cutdown draganov stock, some throttle cable and a little hard work. A BIG Thanks to the folks on this forum that helped me get started 2 years ago.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The stock is a dragonov stock I got from Centerfire Systems. I cut it off behind the rear trunion tang and added the steel buttplate that came on the stock. I had to drill 2 holes to attach it to the wood and cut off the center steel post that originally held it on the stock.

#6 ·
That looks great, good job!!
I really like the wood stock, or 1/4 stock.

Can you post another pic of it? The white door doesn't allow much detail to the pic.

#14 ·
Creative bullpup. :thumbup1: BTW, thanks for the pics. You've helped a ton with the BP I'm working on. I'd allready ordered the tri-rail hoping it would fit under the gas tube when I saw your pics.

#19 ·
#21 ·
Hey super sweet build. I've been toying with the idea for a while...

Just a few questions.

Have you tried shooting with a drum?

What does the bolt moving past your cheek feel like?

Do you notice the bolt close as loud or springy sounding like some ARs?

#22 ·
That looks good! I would be interested to see pics of the internals. Always like to see other people's solutions.

How does that scope mount work for you? It seems to me it is too far back for a good eye relief. Or do you use something like a red dot? I built a brand-new mount that attached to the trigger housing on mine:

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AKM/AK_308/scoperail/000_0227.JPG

#23 ·
Thanks. That's a nice looking build and a very interesting mount.

Have you tried shooting with a drum?
No, I haven't tried a drum mag. I don't own one. I had to drastically alter the angle of the pistol grip to get enough clearance to insert a 30 round mag.

What does the bolt moving past your cheek feel like?

Do you notice the bolt close as loud or springy sounding like some ARs?
I really don't notice the bolt movement on my cheek or any AR springy sound.

How does that scope mount work for you? It seems to me it is too far back for a good eye relief.
You're right, the mount was too close for good eye relief so I installed a upper hand guard mount on the gas tube. That works much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.