Hungarian AMD-63

Thread: Hungarian AMD-63

Feedback Score

Default Hungarian AMD-63

I've purchased a Hungarian AMD-63 Replacement Parts Kit from Centerfiresystems.com. I've been wondering what the best option is for a receiver, I've seen ACEARMS. has a blank formed Undrilled reciever and JoeKen.com has a marked drilled flat. I am inclined to try one of each and see which one is easier.. I can get access to a metal sheer press and have someone cut the flat so I can then oxy-weld it back together. The pre-formed one from Ace requires drilling and milling for the mag, trigger, rivets, and trunion.
    Any thoughts from GURUs who've made one up this way and what the easiest manner of "doing it" is..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

ND, it depends on what you are set up to work with. Do you have a flat bending jig? You mentioned you have access to a metal shearer. So I assume you would cut the flat with holes up and reweld it. This is an option, but if you haven't done much welding, it actually might be a real PITA. Not to mention that your cuts and heights would need to be fairly accurate. If you're not cut out for the work, the ACE might be a good choice. It too involves some work, but mainly only drilling and filing. That is what most of us started with. It wasn't until recently that we had the capability of bending flats into real receviers. By the way, as far as I know the "Joeken" flats are actually Tapco flats. I don't know how much they go for there but you can buy them from Tapco for around $20 or less. I think they might have some ones with a little rust on them for around $12. I would be very careful dealing with Joeken. Good luck. Sounds like you've got a nice kit to work with. Did you buy it recently?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Yosuthnmasa is right on the money.
    If you go with a flat, get it from Tapco or DPH arms (a site sponsor hint-hint) stay far away from Jerkin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ditto!!! The sponsers here are into what we do, not to making up excuses for being complete assholes.
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score

Are you aware of were to get a flat bending jig? or how to build one.?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by yosuthnmasa
    ND, it depends on what you are set up to work with. Do you have a flat bending jig? You mentioned you have access to a metal shearer. So I assume you would cut the flat with holes up and reweld it. This is an option, but if you haven't done much welding, it actually might be a real PITA. Not to mention that your cuts and heights would need to be fairly accurate. If you're not cut out for the work, the ACE might be a good choice. It too involves some work, but mainly only drilling and filing. That is what most of us started with. It wasn't until recently that we had the capability of bending flats into real receviers. By the way, as far as I know the "Joeken" flats are actually Tapco flats. I don't know how much they go for there but you can buy them from Tapco for around $20 or less. I think they might have some ones with a little rust on them for around $12. I would be very careful dealing with Joeken. Good luck. Sounds like you've got a nice kit to work with. Did you buy it recently?
    I bought the AMD about 3 months ago, when Centerfire was having a sale. I am getting a point where I want to built it now..

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nebraskadad
    Are you aware of were to get a flat bending jig? or how to build one.?

DPH sells the jigs. He is a good guy and will do you right. I've talked with him on the phone several times and he is the shiznit!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by SangRun Hunter
    DPH sells the jigs. He is a good guy and will do you right. I've talked with him on the phone several times and he is the shiznit!
    Do you have a wesbite for DPH?

Feedback Score

found it

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nebraskadad
    Do you have a wesbite for DPH?

You dont have to look to hard to find me....I'm always lurking somewhere. We are finally starting to see the end of the waiting list for the guys who have been waiting to get their jigs. We are getting 10 more on Monday to ship out on Tuesday and after 80 jigs.......we are finally caught up. It looks like I may finally get to put them on my website for people to buy.

Scott

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.