Gunco Forums banner

"Cheezytwangs" Blueing

1K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Red Jacket Firearms 
#1 ·
When cheezy twang was running his pre-graduation blueing special, I was a bit apprenhensive. First, I hate to ship my guns anywhere and I am real critical about any work that someone does on my guns. But, I read some of his posts about his school projects and I needed a Yugo M-70 UF and a Romanian AIMS-74 clone reblued. I had just put a new virgin barrel on the M-70 and I had tried "black oxide" on the Romy and was very displeased with that finish. Mike kept me well informed of the status of my guns. He over padded and packed them well for their return trip. For the price that Mike charged me, I would have been satisfied with an OK buieing job. When I unpacked the guns I was VERY pleasantly surprised. He did a superb job of bead blasting and blueing these two guns. No missed spots or streaks. Really top notch. My less poor photography skills do not do these guns justice. After assembling them, my wife said "Wow, they look like brand new guns". I am definitely going to try to keep tabs on this guy, because he is trustworthy and does great work. Mike Brandyberry can be my gunsmith anytime.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
rj308 said:
Will, I didn't know that your outfit is where Mike will be working. Super!, I think he will do a quality job for your customers. When I send a gun out for blueing, I know where I'll be sending it.
I had him down a couple times last year for try-out's . He's a good hand . Whines a lot though , always wanting to take a break after 12-14 hours . Going have to break him of that shit ;)

#22 ·
Red Jacket Firearms said:
I had him down a couple times last year for try-out's . He's a good hand . Whines a lot though , always wanting to take a break after 12-14 hours . Going have to break him of that shit ;)
Just stuff a sock in his mouth. But you'd better have about 3 pairs to be sure.:thumbup1:

I have seen Cheezy's stuff first hand and it is first rate. You won't be disappointed.

#25 ·
Today I got the 2 guns out that Cheezy blued for me about a month ago. I wanted to check for "leeching" which is a whitish colored corosion that many times occurs between spot welded parts after blueing. There was absolutely no leeching, which means to me that Cheezy had his boil at the correct temperature and he washed and treated the parts throughly after blueing. And, the blueing job on these two AK's look better every time I look at them. Thumbs up for Cheezy!

#26 ·
I've been meaning to post some pics for a while, but something always got in the way. Mike did 3 AKs for me - 2 Romy's and a Polish U/F. They all look fantastic - in fact, I'm almost ashamed to post the pic of one Romy, because I haven't refinished the stock and the bare wood takes away from the quality of work Mike did on the blueing!

Photograph White Air gun Black Trigger

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Shotgun

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Absolutely fantastic work! Mr. Brandyberry can do gunsmithing for me any day! Will is getting a very good assistant!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.