Gunco Forums banner

RPK Grey/Green

925 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Rahatlakhoom 
#1 ·
RPK Grey/Green
Before

I wasn?t satisfied with the way the black looked when it was finished. So I cleaned it off and refinished it to Duracoat Grey/Green. I like the look and results much better.
After

See less See more
#2 ·
I thought the black looked ok, but then it was just a pic.
Looks good, I don't think I've ever seen that color before.

Hey now, come on. You got time to build an RPK & a Polish under folder but you can't fix that outlet in the 2nd & 3rd pics. LOL :D

#4 ·
Here comes the part I like -- Let's spend your money!!!

You got to get one of those windage adjustable RPK sights. Otherwise it's like a woman in a fancy little black dress with sneakers! They used to only be 30 but I think they're $50 now. Gunny, I know some of that oil field money has got on you!

That paint job looks great!

#6 ·
Winn R said:
Here comes the part I like -- Let's spend your money!!!

You got to get one of those windage adjustable RPK sights. Otherwise it's like a woman in a fancy little black dress with sneakers! They used to only be 30 but I think they're $50 now. Gunny, I know some of that oil field money has got on you!

That paint job looks great!
I bought 5 of them when they were cheaper:thumbup1:

#9 ·
nice

if your intent was to reproduce the East German color/phosphate parkerized finish as applied to east german ak-47's not 74's, you are close but the finish needs to be flatter but you almost got it right, if that was your intention

looks like a store bought(FFL) receiver, if so its a nice assembly job.

if its a coldsteel blank nice build!

sprat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.