Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: belt feed ak-47

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I would but I just bought enough 5.45x39 ammo for the next civil war
    If any punk kid ever comes up to you asking for your `Gang Sign` Tap your chest twice then your forehead once. After doing that only upon a threat do you draw your glock and show him what you meant.

WOLVERINES!

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

hcpookie

If you were to read my PM's to Cntrailrider, that is almost exactly what my next build and tutorial was going to be. A no weld build. I ain't ascared to do it. The way I made my prototype was way to labor intensive and a no weld build is do-able and the way to go. Couldn't agree with you more.

SS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

bows down to SS thank you from the bottom of my heart !
    If any punk kid ever comes up to you asking for your `Gang Sign` Tap your chest twice then your forehead once. After doing that only upon a threat do you draw your glock and show him what you meant.

WOLVERINES!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sharps, all of my prototypes are too labor intensive! That's why I can't bring myself to redo parts of my 308 bullpup build yet. It is frustrating that you have to redo something you may have spent so much time getting right the first time.

I have been reconsidering the 5.45 belt feed RPK. I have some SAW links and I've already decided that yes, it can be done and look similar to the Russian prototype, but the problem today is finding an affordable SAW top cover.

I know that there was a 5.56 MG3 design that never really did get into production. Or if it did, I don't know how far it got.

Another source may be the HK belt feed parts. The HK21 is at its heart, basically a G3 converted to belt feed.

Pirate, or anyone, do you think that you could facilitate a caliber conversion based on the use of brand new feed pawls?

Here's my thought - take for example an MG3 top cover. Keep all the parts EXCEPT the feed pawls. Measure and machine new feed pawls based on the new cartridge's links. In this case, the SAW links.

Question - would the travel arm need to be replaced as well?

ETA - I have somehow misplaced the pics of the RPK beltfeed prototypes. One of them had a coil-wound drum. Does anyone have a copy of those pics?
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think the m249 is out unless someone wants to buy it and reverse engineer it for all of us haha yeah right..

M249 Top Cover & Feed Mechanism - Assembly, complete, with scope rail - $950.00

http://www.longmountain.com/inventory/M249_Parts

WOLVERINES!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

CNTrailrider's pics aren't working for me today and I'm trying to do some research to get started on this. Anyone else having trouble with those pics?

Thanks,
    Craig

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry, they show up for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ya know besides 5.56x39 maybe 8mm I mean why not everything would fit

WOLVERINES!

Feedback Score

"Image Shack" picture hosting site was down last night for several hours. The pics here, as well as the ones posted @ AKfiles were not showing. They seem to be working now

Just a reminder that I uploaded some videos, for those who haven't seen them yet. Lot's of other videos there too, NFA toys and various shoots Marty & I have attended. The Spring shoots at Waco & Cheyenne Wells are coming up soon!

HK21 feed-mech is very expensive, if you can even locate one. Sold one about a year ago for $2500 and prices since have risen sharply. HK21 mechs don't have a stellar reputation for reliability; that's why the '21E came out, which is a whole different animal. I wouldn't consider them 'home-building' material

ROLE CALL on folks building their own MG47?? We wanna see'em. PROGRESS PICS WOULD BE GREAT

Steve in El Paso

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Pookie, basically the pitch of the belt determines the location of the feed pawls and the travel of them. it is not so much the shape.

the problem here is that cheap feed covers ie the 1919 or mg3 are to big for most of the applications you want to try. the hk21 is extremely hard to find and expensive.
    if you are really hell bent on a XX X 39 build bite the bullet and buy a RPD kit. I was going o buy a top cover and feed tray at knobcreek but didn't and have kicked myself for not getting it.

Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 belt fed

ak 47 belt feed conversion

ak 47 feeding schedule
ak belt feed conversion

belt fed ak

belt fed ak 47

belt fed ak 47 conversion
belt fed ak47
belt feed an ak47
convert your ak to belt feed

negev bolt carrier

rpd push feed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.