Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast

Thread: belt feed ak-47

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kzguns View Post
    Wont let me post more pics? go here for more kzguns - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    anyway i ended up adding the top part of the rec. overlaping the sides to get more space inside. not quite the look i want but it will make the rest of the build a little easier.
    kzguns - fixed your last post for you, hope all the pics show up ok.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

KZ,
    Looks like you have a good start.

SS

Feedback Score

KZ -

Lookin' good - thanks for posting the pics We're rootin' for ya

Excellent idea using a 1919 spring

Steve

Feedback Score

I'm moving along on the MG47 but had some questions. I got the FT mounted and removed the mousetrap spring in the cover and drilled and tapped the stud for a stop i made no other mods to the TC started feed testing with a ak spring clamped in the rec. i was able the back out the stop screw about an 1/8" and it will chamber a bullet every time so should i skip the other mods to the TC for now or do you think i'm going to have prob. down the road.

Feedback Score

KZ -

If it chambers, i'd say go with what you got. My TC is located back further in relation to the trunnion than yours, and all those TC mods I did may be unnecessary. That would be a big breakthrough. Have you been doing any belt-feed tests? Or only chambering?

I'm sure SS will have some input on this

Steve

Feedback Score

Only chambering from a belt, but the TC is definatly grabbing and stabalizing the belt so i see no reason it wont feed the belt. I will work on the BC extention next so i can test cycle the whole system. I also think i left a little more of a stub on the pressure plate than in the other pics i've seen and even condidered heating and bending it a little more to help guide the bullet cause at first it was feeding to high and jamming then i just kept unscrewing the stop and it fed so i did it 3-5 more times to make sure it wasnt a fluke and it worked. I'll post some more pics soon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

KZ
    I would have to agree with CNTR, if it chambers, go with it. I bent the stub on the pressure plate quite a bit on the MG47ES so the tip of it is even or just below the feedramp on the trunion. I also ground a groove in it to help keep the cartridge centered in the FT slot. I did not install a stop screw like CNTR but was considering it until I got the right combination of AR-15 Trigger spring pressure by bending it to replace that way to strong MG3/1 pressure plate spring. The ES chambers and feeds fine now from the belt, just spent half a day getting it to do that. I think CNTR's stop spring might be easier and more tunable but the the original MG47 works with a AR spring and no stop screw. I might install a stop screw anyway and try them both to see if one method is more reliable than the other.

SS
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 04-01-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Added bending the pressure plate tip to feedramp

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Test firing the MG47ES today. Will post results and show a picture of it. Details to follow if test firing is successful.

SS

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Even if your test firing is only some what successful (feed or eject issues, these are minor issues and just need tweeking) please post some details & pics.
    I've done some work on mine and it's ugly, I'm still going to finish it as I think it will still function, but Im going to need to redo the receiver later.

Thanks for the update

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The MG47ES almost worked but the bolt was hanging up at the rear of the stroke because I had the feed roller just off of center enough (not supposted to be, just sloppy workmanship) to bind in the feed came at the rear of the stroke. I didn't realize what was happening until I way on my way home. Got it fixed now and will try it again next weekend. I think it should work, got plenty of rearward travel and if I just gave the BC a slight nudge forward it would feed fine. I clued in on it when I realized I couldn't open the top cover when the BC was at the rear. Moved the feed roller to where it should be and there is no binding and I can open the top cover with the BC held at the rear.

The ES is easier to build than the MG47 and should allow a whole new group of builders an opportunity to make a belt feed. As soon as I am sure it is working fine with no feed or ejection problems I will post pictures and details.

Did shoot the MG47 and it performed flawlessly. No miss feeds, use my drum magazine, ejected great. My son can shoot it almost as fast as a full auto. Really happy with it. I am sure I can get the ES to perform the same. I will try to post the pictures of the MG47 shooting as soon as I get them downloaded from the video camera.
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 04-07-2008 at 08:48 AM.

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 belt feed conversion

ak belt feed conversion
belt fed ak 47
belt fed ak 47 conversion

convert your ak to belt feed

rpd push feed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.