Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 ... LastLast

Thread: belt feed ak-47

Feedback Score

KZ -

The shape of your AR hammer looks amazingly similar to mine, only I mounted my gripstick up higher - and that's where my 'tight fit problems' occurred (cocking). Congrats on your FP strikes - it is a BIG DEAL! The further you progress, the clearer it all snaps into focus. It's mostly logic.

Question - is the bottom of your TC/feed lever parallel (lengthwise) to your rails? It may be just the angle the pics were taken - be sure the feed STUD engages the feed LEVER (track) during it's entire stroke. You can tell by looking in the rear. I have to remove the stud to slip my BC out. I didn't understand what the square notch in SS's was for, until I was past that point. duh

Robert sells G3 stock sets for $8 HK G3 Surplus Green Stock Set you can epoxy to fit & their spring recess hole is perfectly located for this build

Steve

Feedback Score

Ya i just finished the BC extension and need to make some adj. to get the rear down about an 1/8" it still engages but i would like a little more.

how much of what is now the top of the BC did you remove seems like when i close the TC with links in its pretty tight. did you grind down so it is not up into the FT?

Feedback Score

The 'top' face on the rear of my BC (the original section, where the bolt slips in) is almost even with the flat floor of the tray. No more than 1/32" below it. Did you take out the spring, behind/above the pressure plate? My FT slot is so wide that a single cartridge will amost fall through, but the belt suspends it in position

Feedback Score

My FT is about like yours a single cart. will tip forward and fall. no spring in the top cover. but i had not removed any material from the "top" of BC so i will do that next like yours.

Feedback Score

KZ -

This pic shows how high the face of my BC sets up into the FT slot. Also shows the feed ramp and my attempt to patch it. All that was unnecessary. My problem was in the pressure plate. Shouldn't have screwed with the ramp at all.
    MG47 - MG47 Fitting 007

Feedback Score

I'm talking about the the part of the BC that when in an ak would be right above the mag when the bolt is all locked up. also i did make a slight extension on my feed ramp so the stub of the pressure plate is maybe 1/16 away to guide the round better. i was worried about weldin there but on a test peice the high heat never migrated more than a 1/4" away from the weld and dropped dramatically from that point to well below 500 which i beilieve is the point where the heat treat is affected and the lugs for the bolt are not close enough to get that hot, i also used a infared temp gauge to see right after and it was in the 300 range, i would think sustained full auto fire would get it hotter than that.

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

KZ
    I didn't have to remove anything from the top of the BC either. You shouldn't have to as long as you haven't limited the upward travel of the pressure plate with the set screw too much. If you can pull an empty belt through the from left to right without to much force it should be OK.
    Your welding tempurature should be no problem. The tempering tempurature should be around 700 to 800 degress for the hardness you see on a front trunion and as long as you stay below that, the temper (and strength) will not change.

SS

Feedback Score

OK i wont mess with it till i get some other stuff finished, ejec port, cocking slot and spring that way i can cycle the crap out of it without needing an extra hand.

Feedback Score

17 days and no posts! Someone surely has some build-pics to share........

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Here ya go

Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 belt fed

ak 47 belt feed conversion

ak 47 feeding schedule
ak belt feed conversion

belt fed ak

belt fed ak 47

belt fed ak 47 conversion
belt fed ak47
belt feed an ak47
convert your ak to belt feed

negev bolt carrier

rpd push feed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.