Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast

Thread: belt feed ak-47

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ive got 1 in the works....about 1/2 way completed

Feedback Score

I've got most of the parts needed now... I'm devising a plan, but I want to see your tutorial & pics to pull some additional ideas from your newest version before I commit to a construction style! I've now got some steel tubing AND flat & angle steel... I can do a combination of the two main styles if I like now, but I need more info before I decide on a direction to take this build...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ive got one in the works ,am still gathering parts and hoping to get a look at your mg47es plans before getting to far along

edit
    undecided on what type mg47 or mg47es

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I started on one using an RPD cover & tray, I got the trunion mounted and can feed a round by hand from the belt. Then you showed the ES build and I stopped to see if I can use any ideas from that.
    I don't have much free time so it was going slow from the start anyway.

Feedback Score

After finally getting all the way through this thread, I have decided its time to start collecting parts for some type of belt fed bastard child.

Of course, with my usuall luck, the topcovers and trays are backorderd, and I have had bad luck finding any other sources.

I am seriously considering a 7.62x25 build. I have been aching to build SOMETHING in this caliber for a while.

Feedback Score

that is a stunning build bro

respect

Feedback Score

Is there some kind of TRICK you guys used to get disassemble the Top Cover's feed mechanism!?!?!?

I know the spring holds everything together on the top cover, but how do I get that damn pin out of my top cover??? Mine seems to be 'peened' on both ends like some kind of rivet or something! Is there some kind of 'trick' to getting that pin punched out? Do I have to grind off one of the ends with a dremel tool or something?

Also, what size washer/screw did you guys use on your top-cover mods to hold the feed assembly in place (since you pretty much removed the spring that holds it together)???

Thanks for any info...

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If you push the pressure plate down slightly and then slide it rearward so the stop clears the topcover, you can pivot the pressure plate up so there is little spring force binding the pressure plate pin. If the rear end is rivited over, then yes you will have to grind the it off and then you should be able to pull the pin out in the forward direction. On both my MG47 and MG47ES I replaced the hell for stout stock pressure plate spring with an AR15 trigger spring bent approximatly the same shape and the stock spring and it still holds things together. I did not have to drill and tap the feed pawl guide stud for a retaining screw and washer. Cntr. did and perhaps his way is easier to tune and adjust but both mine work with the lighter AR15 spring. I will take a close up picture to night and send it to you.

SS

Feedback Score

SWEEEEEET! Thanks SharpsShooter!

I've decided on doing an ES-style build on mine. I was browsing my local hardware store, and found they've got nearly all the steel material I'll need for my build, but I'll still have to order the gas tube fit the piston. All my piston measurements seem to coincide with your advice perfectly thus far!

I've been drafting up hand sketches of my receiver but the overall width & height of the ES receiver (up to the new top rail) are something I've not yet decided upon... much of what you've described seems to fit perfectly thus far though! I've got it on its way now! This is a fun & exciting build so far! Though a little frustrating at times.

I realize I'm going to need to buy more C-clamps than what I've already got!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I finally had an afternoon to get back on the beltfed. I got the bolt extension pretty much completed and started on the dual spring system.

This extension moves the fcg back about 2" and I will have no clearance problems on the hammer.

I used a roller bearing for the top cover actuator stud

Dual spring setup. The springs are Fal gas piston return springs.The tension feels about right so we will see. I made the rear of the receiver removable to facilitate bolt removal.
    Last edited by dvanncvann; 05-26-2008 at 10:34 AM.

Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 belt fed

ak 47 belt feed conversion

ak 47 feeding schedule
ak belt feed conversion

belt fed ak

belt fed ak 47

belt fed ak 47 conversion
belt fed ak47
belt feed an ak47
convert your ak to belt feed

negev bolt carrier

rpd push feed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.