Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: belt feed ak-47

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default AK-47 BELTFEED PROJECT

HC.

You know even thought is does appear to have a fair amount of recoil, it makes it that much more fun to shoot. More like a more powerful MG than a something that shoots the small 7.62x39 cartridge. That's one reason why I built it, that big gun feel with out the higher cost of 7.62x51 or 8mm ammo plus to see if I could really make a beltfeed out of AK parts.

Next project, is make a beltfeed FAL. And yes, the receiver side rails will have to be reinforced but when you start with a rough casting I can modify it as required to make it strong enough. As a Mechanical engineer, I can and will calculate the receiver side rail stresses and beef it up as required.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thats an awesome build. I am a little puzzled about the recoil though. Would it lessen the recoil if You moved the vent hole on the gas tube forward a little to bleed off pressure at the rear of the piston stroke so that the carrier isn't slamming into the buffer as hard? I've never even looked at belt fed so I don't know what all is involed, but it seems logical? Maybe???

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

You are probably right. Right now the gas bleed off hole is right at the rear most travel of the bolt carrier. My 300WSM FAL has multipule gas relief holes in the gas tube and a sleeve that I can slide fore and aft to cover and uncover the holes. I think I will try your suggestion and do the same thing.
    The other thing I think I will do is drill and tap a hole in the gas block that intersects the gas port. I can then put in a tapered screw and adjust the gas port hole area. You can buy a similar gas regulator block system for a Mini-14.

Feedback Score

What is the thickness on the reciever tubing......? i bought a piece that was 120 thou its too thick where did you get yours?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

What is the inside width of your tubing? 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x .12 wall should fit. However, structrual tubing is no thiner than .12 but can be thicker per tubing ASME thickness specifications. I believe I had to very slightly machine the inside of my tubing a small amount to get the trunion to fit. It was only about .010 per side though.

Feedback Score

.12 thanks alot

Feedback Score

Great build. Btw, do you need anybody to clean the inside of your gun safe? *wink*

No but really, its is awesome. Next time it would be cool to have a belt/magazine fed. Similar to the 249, but in 7.62. Two thumbs up. Next write the tutorial
    Infantryman
    Two Combat Tours
    Criminal Justice Major.
    15 years of shooting under the belt
    Collection of both modern and antique handguns and rifles
    STILL A YOUNG MAN WITH LOTS OF TIME

Feedback Score

Postak

any pix?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

This weekend, if I get done helping the wife paint my son's room (yuck I hate painting!), I plan to go out to the desert and make a video of it shooting which I will post.

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 belt fed

ak 47 belt feed conversion

ak 47 feeding schedule
ak belt feed conversion

belt fed ak

belt fed ak 47

belt fed ak 47 conversion

belt fed ak47

convert your ak to belt feed

rpd push feed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.