Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast

Thread: belt feed ak-47

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It's regular old hot rolled 1.5" square .120 wall tube that I bought from the local steel yard(Santa Rita steel in Tucson, AZ.) I couldn't find 4130/4140 tubing in that dimension, so I went with what I could find. I bought 3 feet of it and chopped it in half, I'll trim off the excess as I finish it up.

Onlinemetals.com is an online source for this stuff.
    Order Mild Steel A36 Square Tube in Small Quantities at OnlineMetals.com

Just be warned that this stuff is heavily stressed when rolled, so when you make your first cut, it will pop and spread open at the cut. Nothing a bit of vise action can't fix later. The only real up side to using the A36 is that it really files easily if you don't have a mill to cut the rails.
    Hated by many, loved by few.

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

SHADOW WALKER

If you build the ES version most of the material is available from Home depot or Lowes.

SS
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 12-19-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Here is a couple of images of a MG42/53 gripstick modified with a AR15 FCG that should work in a MG47.

SS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the info, SS and Horseman.

Feedback Score

Nice!!!

Feedback Score

Default Metal

For those looking for the tubing for the gas system check with your local hydraulic suppliers. I work in a Fabrication shop and we have mild steel and stainless steel hydraulic tubing I was able to find the sizes that I needed out of our rack. One last thing. Were I work we sell lots of steel. My foremen has told me over and over we have no scrap. Its not scrap until its in the scrap yard. I have had people tell me that they are looking for a little scrap of 1/2 plate 24 X36. That is not a little piece and it defiantly is not scrap. We do our best to keep our customers happy. Most times if it is something small and we do not have to cut it it goes out the door for a contribution to our donut fund. People that complain the whole time that we are helping them about the cost usually don't get off so easy. Another thing ask about a cut fee many times you are better off taking a larger piece and cutting it your self than paying us to cut it to size for you. One last thing coming in the door and knowing what it is you want is a big help. It makes things go so much faster. Usually when we talk about steel first is the thickness X width X legenth. Good luck to all with dealing with your local shop.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Man, this thread just past 40,080 views and 7,935 views for the one on MG47ES. Never in my wildest dreams did I believe that the MG47 concept would be anything but a passing fancy of interest to only a few.

SS
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 09-30-2009 at 10:41 PM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SHARPSSHOOTER5090 View Post
    I just recentlly finished a beltfeed ak-47 base fire arm with a scratch built receiver, a MG-3 top cover/belt feed mechanism, FAL fcg, scratch built stock, grip frame & grips and forearm, k98 rear sight and m60 return spring. You can see photos of it on PHOTOBUCKET, search for 300 WSM FAL or SHARPSSHOOTER5090.
    Very nice, and very business-looking indeed.

"The good life is for those willing to confront adversity having take prudent precautions in advance and being sufficiently armed; for we face seven enemies each time we exit the castle." - - - Shogun Tukugawa Ieyasu

Feedback Score

I'm a new guy here & just found this, that is one awesome looking beast. I salute your skill & ingenuity.

Feedback Score

Not sure I could afford to feed it but it sure looks mean.
    Great job!!!
    What would John Moses Browning do?

Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 belt fed

ak 47 belt feed conversion

ak 47 feeding schedule
ak belt feed conversion

belt fed ak

belt fed ak 47

belt fed ak 47 conversion

belt fed ak47

convert your ak to belt feed

rpd push feed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.