Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: belt feed ak-47

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Drilling holes on the gas cylinder might work. I did the same thing to an M-1 Garand thirty years ago, and it helped.

Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Walker
    It sure sounds like the gas hole is too big. Maybe you should install a valve to adjust the amount of gas going to the operating piston.

You might be able to use a surplus one from a WWII machinegun.

Of course, this is all just MHO.
    i agree with shadow walker
    a valve is a better way to go,for better troble shooting instead of jumping in to coclusion 1st,try it on before driling these relef hols which is a one way step,not to mention that your gun is a 1st experement that requiers allot of trieng and experements befor you get it tuned up to get the best of it

you may try different tention on your retention spring too,the impropper tention may cause nun stability of the gun i gues,i assume that you dont hav enoph tention.

well i concider myself not very good at it but i hope i got it right

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Finally got around to removeing the booster cone and re-installed the L1A1 flash hider. Also, I drilled a gas relief hole about 1/2" farther forward of the current location. It made quite a differance in the apparent recoil. As soon as I get back out to the desert, I will take a long video of loading, charging and long rapid fire. Next, I want to try one of those 10/22 gatling gun trigger cranks that actuate the trigger 4 times per handle revolution and see how fast I can get it to cycle. Before that though, I need to open up the back of the ejection port. I might also install a longer buffer to limit the rear travel of the bolt carrier so the bolt doesn't out run the ejecting case. That might stop the ejected case from hitting the back the ejection port and occasionally bouncing back in.

Last week, Steve (from El Paso) (cntrailrider) stopped by and took measurements and pictures of the thing. He has a good start on building himself one.
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 12-04-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Feedback Score

Sharpshooter -

Thanks for everything - visiting with you, and getting a closer look at your MG47 was a real privilage - I cut out my ejection port last night, and mine's coming along

STEVE in El Paso

Feedback Score

I am a-building! Received a new Miller 'Econotig' today. I have been without gas for too long - my little non-gas MIG (HF) even did a few HK cocking tubes with aluminum foil to shield the splatter (at times it's taken 3 attempts) but where there's a will there's a way.

Sharpshooter - I have devised a way to make a 'bracket' to extend the the rear of the bolt carrier for mounting feed stud & recoil spring guide. An "L" shaped piece, mounted alongside the 'recoil spring tube' which runs back (behind the hammer arc) then goes up, with the top bent over in the rear. Screwed on the carrier (for adjustment, then welded) to mount the 'feed stud' on top of the bent-over back of the 'L'. Could not have done this without you leading the way - will keep you posted -

Plus, a bump to this thread. This is the slickest thing to come along since Doubletapme's 9mm drumfed, in my opinion

Steve

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

That sound like a good solution without having to mill a piece welded to the back of the bolt carrier like I did. I see no reason that shouldn't work fine. Glad to see that somebody can make use my lead.

Tom H

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Made a 50 round drum magazine that mounts on the feed tray. The SAW 50 round pouch that I had mounted under the ejection port sometimes interfers with th ejected cases. Now there is a clear unobstructed path out of the ejection port for the fired cases to egress. The drum magazine is well above the path of the ejected case. Will post pictures as soon as I get the magazine painted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default M60 recoil spring

I was wondering if the M60 recoil spring is strong enough without the buffer assembly to absorb recoil from the bolt at the end of the recoil movement.

edit spelling
    Last edited by natro; 12-27-2007 at 02:00 AM.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default MG47 Buffer

With out the buffer the bolt carrier slaps the back of the receiver (butt stock assembly) very hard. If the M60 spring was longer, it would probably act as a buffer. I cut if off when I was having trouble with the bolt carrier getting full stroke. The problem was a gas leak at the gas tube to gas block joint. With the leak stopped, I get too much pressure and I need to install a gas regulator to cut the gas pressure down so the bolt carrier just stops at the rear most travel. With that, a buffer would not be necessary.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Are the M60 recoil springs expensive?
    I think it would be easier to start with a new spring and trim it to function.

Just a thought.

Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 belt fed

ak 47 belt feed conversion

ak 47 feeding schedule
ak belt feed conversion
belt fed ak 47

belt fed ak 47 conversion

belt fed ak47

convert your ak to belt feed

rpd push feed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.