Look of Time
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look of Time

Feedback Score

Default Look of Time

I've been waiting to show a couple builds I have done so here goes.I took a romy and changed a few parts on it.rolled my own receiver,did a rust blue for a finish and rubbed it off.LOL..a perfectly good finish removed..made my own palmswell grips..I got a romy 74 FSB and dremeled the ID out(.510") to fit the barrel (.570+/-).took the pistol grip off and utilized it for the palmswells.so here is a pic of what I ended up with..I posted it on a couple other places so if ya have seen it sorry..thanx for lookin..

I only listen to the 14 little voices in my head,the other ones mean nothing.
    Voice#7-Ain't Nothin a Screwdriver to the Temple Can't Fix
    We Bring Good Things to Life

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Looks like it fits the hand. Like a well-worn baseball glove, personalized with thought and care.

I like it!

Feedback Score

real dumb of me.I put this in the build forum and shoulda put it in the completed project forum..see what happens when youv'e been away a couple days..duh.and howdy SJ..hows ya be doin brudda..can anyone(sniper 69?) move this thing to the right spot.???
    I only listen to the 14 little voices in my head,the other ones mean nothing.
    Voice#7-Ain't Nothin a Screwdriver to the Temple Can't Fix
    We Bring Good Things to Life

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Not as well as my build bro. Obviously, I need to build more and type on this keyboard less

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice build, I likey

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

very nice good work

Feedback Score

Looks great! I like the battlefield-pickup look. I'm going to do one like this with one of those non-G kits.

Feedback Score

That's a beautiful look that you achieved there. Tell me, what did you use to rub off the bluing?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Dinged Great Job.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker View Post
    That's a beautiful look that you achieved there. Tell me, what did you use to rub off the bluing?
    Joker I am sure Dinged will get back to you on how he did his. He is over on the AK Files and stops here often. His AKs are kick ass that he builds.
    We had a thread going here??? somewhere on matching the look of the kit to get the battlfield finish. I listened to all and just took a 100% Nodak reciever and just gave it some gentle swipes with fine steel wool.
    What others were doing was building from a flat. Then putting a finish on then taking it down some. I guess I did the same thing but a lot less cost effective.
    Here is my Romanian. Not as good as Dinged but hey I tried. Wait for Dinged to get back to ya. He will give you some tips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

4thIDvet...you've got a pretty snazzy looking one there...reminds me of a favorite pair of shoes...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.