Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47ES Belt feed

Feedback Score

Looks like posts from last seven days are gone. Looks like backups were done on a weekly basis so probably everything posted within last seven days is gone forever.

Feedback Score

Which kit is better to use for the MG47ES build, the YUGO rpk, or the Romanian rpk?? Any suggestions?? I have a yugo kit and a set of MG1 cover and MG1 & MG3 feed trays! I am going to have to wait till I get Sharpsshooters instructions so I can go to Home depot to get the metal (need the size to buy) and order the correct size of screws! How many are going to build one of these?? dellque (aka carlque)

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I used a Yugo Rpk kit for the prototype MG47ES. I don't think that there will be much of a difference between it and a Romey RPK. Both are heavy barrel and use a bulged trunnion The MG1 feed tray seems to work best according to Cntrailrider. You may have to remove the drum magazine mounting ears on the MG3 if you don't have a shell deflector to keep the ejected cartridges from bouncing on the the drum mount and back into the ejection port. You should get your drawings in a few days.

SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The drawings for the MG47ES are done and ready to publish. PM or e-mail me for info.

This is just a second posting of a previous notice. The first one is gone

SS
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 06-12-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Feedback Score

Thanks again, Sharps! I'm off to a VERY GOOD START now, and things are progressing along nicely!!!

Thanks again for the great plans!!!

I scaled mine and plotted them up at 24"x36" size so I can read things very well, and jot down my own notes, dimensions/measurements, and make calculations for my own changes. THIS IS A SWEEEEEEEEET DESIGN, and a VERY NICE, PROFESSIONAL PLAN SET!

Thanks again for doing all this work and being the innovative guinea pig!!!

-inuhbad

Feedback Score

Having built a 1919, I thought it was pretty amazing at the time. This blows any home built firearm I have ever seen away. I'd love to try my hand at it. Coming from an engineering background, the fact that you got this to work with so many off the shelf parts is one hell of an engineering feat. You should put it on your resume and apply to a gun manufacturer.

Feedback Score

I just received THE DRAWINGS they are fantastic!!! With all these details in hand, just about ANYBODY should be able to build themselves an operational MG47ES beltfed! THANKS! Sharpsshooter for all your hard work and attention to detail!! YOU ARE DA MAN!!! I am going to copy them onto hard copies that I can keep in a folder on my work bench for instant reference! THANKS, again! Rod (carlque aka dellque)

Feedback Score

I'm new on this board and read about this build via AR15.com. I too would like to try building a MG47ES. Unfortunately, having fewer than 10 posts, I can't PM or Email anyone through Gunco. This has to be THE most innovative build I have ever seen (and therefore on my must have list). Sharpshooter, can you contact me to see if I can purchase a copy of the plans?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ufcritter

E-mail sent.

SS

Feedback Score

Thanks, payment sent. I'm giddy like a schoolgirl just thinking about how cool this thing is.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

mg47es plans

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.