Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47ES Belt feed

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

LKR

From the top surface where the bolt carrier stops (on the right side because the trunnion is reversed) at the trunnion to the top of the receiver on the right side would be approx. 7/8". If you have your rails installed a better way is to attach the gas tube, put the bolt in the BC and slide it in on the rails until the bolt head enters the trunnion and locks around a fired case then fit the trunnion to the rails and not the receiver top. If the rails are not installed, use the 7/8" dimension to mount the trunnion and fit the rails to the locked bolt head and BC.

Hope that helps. Getting the trunnion and rails at the right height to each other is probably the most critical and difficult part of the build.

SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I you have rev 1 on sheets 1, 4 and 14 you have the most current revs.

SS

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ok thanks SS

Feedback Score

SS, I have both the tutorial and the blueprints, however the reciever material on the blueprints say to use 1.5" flat bar, whereas the tutorial says to use one piece of 1.5" bar with two of the 2" bar's as the sides of the receiver.
    if i am reading it right i need one of the 1.5" for the bottom of the receiver, and 2 of the 2" ones for the side walls?
    thanks

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Par.
    You need one piece of 1.5" flat bar for the bottom and two pieces of 2" flat bar for the sides per the receiver detail drawing. I have to fix the list of materials. Your are the only one that pointed out that error. Thank you. I didn't realize that it there was a discrepancy.

SS

Feedback Score

sharp shooter, im very impressed with your MG47ES, since your the brains behind this platform, im wondering if you have thought about a 223/5.56 beltfed?
    using maybe a M249 top cover and feed tray?
    much more expensive parts wise, but the thought of a beltfed 223 really gets my attention(i can reload 223 for dirt cheap)
    is this possible to do following the mg47ES type receiver, just swap out the 7.62 AK kit for a 223 one? and the top cover and feed tray of course.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

PAR
    I Have a M249 belt of disintegrating links and I tried it in my MG47BP which has a RPD top cover. It would move the belt and almost feed but the striping lug on my bolt head is to wide for M249 belt and the bolt would hang up. I think that if you narrowed the bolt striping lug it would work. There is no reason that I can see that you could not use a MG47ES type receiver with a AK front end but with a 223 barrel and make it look like a M249. You could use a MG42 grip stick and FAL or AR15 FCG. Sound like a very do-able project and not have to use an expensive M249 TC and FT to do it.

SS

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by SHARPSSHOOTER5090 View Post
    PAR
    I Have a M249 belt of disintegrating links and I tried it in my MG47BP which has a RPD top cover. It would move the belt and almost feed but the striping lug on my bolt head is to wide for M249 belt and the bolt would hang up. I think that if you narrowed the bolt striping lug it would work. There is no reason that I can see that you could not use a MG47ES type receiver with a AK front end but with a 223 barrel and make it look like a M249. You could use a MG42 grip stick and FAL or AR15 FCG. Sound like a very do-able project and not have to use an expensive M249 TC and FT to do it.

SS
    are all RPD's 7.62X39 or is your bullpup the 5.45X39 variant?
    I have no problem spending the $ on the m249 top cover and feed tray if it would allow it to function more reliably, as nothing ruins a range trip faster than a malfunctioning firearm... that and forgetting to bring mags...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My bullpup is 7.62x39. The whole MG47 things started with the idea to make a cheap belt feed. It has expanded into areas I never thought it would. If you have a source for M249 top covers and feed trays, then by all means go for it. Something besides a belt feed in 7.62x39 I am sure would be a welcome addition to the progression of the concept. One in 308 is something that several have expressed interest in also. I tried to convince my son to let me use his M-76 308 parts together with the extra receiver I built to do that but he said I couldn't have them. Damn kid! Oh well, I have a Winchester model 100 receiver and bolt assembly and a 16" Issy FAL barrel and gas system I intend to use for a 308 bull pup, but after the Bren kit, the MG53 kit, and a belt feed FAL gets done.

SS

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by par0thead151 View Post
    are all RPD's 7.62X39 or is your bullpup the 5.45X39 variant?
    I have no problem spending the $ on the m249 top cover and feed tray if it would allow it to function more reliably, as nothing ruins a range trip faster than a malfunctioning firearm... that and forgetting to bring mags...
    No matter what you build you will have many range trips that are disapointing. It took me several before i was able to fire off 5-6 without a failure of some sort. now i cna get a whole belt and out of 200rnds still get 2-3 failures or jams.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.