Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: MG47ES Belt feed

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hbs20 View Post
    Well I trimmed the stripping lug, beveled the feed tray edges a bunch more and beveled the cartridge guide. My other problem was that I had the feed pawls in the wrong position causing the round to sit cocked in the feed tray instead of being in line with the chamber. It is the greatest feeling in the world to see that round get stripped out and see it fly out the front of the trunnion. I had a couple of other questions. For loading conventional MG such as the M249 SAW and M240 is bolt locked to rear open top cover place rounds against cartridge stop close cover. I do understand that both of these weapons fire from the open bolt. The reason for locking the bolt to the rear before loading thou is to insure that the feed stud on the bolt will line up with the feed guide rail. I realize that the MG47 fires from the closed bolt. So how do you go about loading it and maintain alignment between all moving parts. Also when using a standard AK barrel do you still make the bolt carrier extension 6.13 long? I have not purchased my barrel yet so I have no idea what the dimension for the gas block is. One last question what did you use to make the brass deflector? Thank you again for all of your time..
    Almost like winning the lottery ain't it!!!!!

Feedback Score

Found these pics. Caliber is 5.45x39mm. The two are a beltfed that also takes AK-74 / RPK-74 box magazines and one is a standard RPK-74 with a device to feed the magwell with a ammunition belt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Default Feeding

Well I got my recoil spring and AR hammer spring today. I installed the AR spring in the top cover and put the recoil spring in. She feeds ammo all by herself now and yes it feels great. Thank you again CNT SS and Doubletapme for all of your help to get me to this point. I know that I still have a long way to go but thanks to you guys I know that I can make it. Thanks again..

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    Found these pics. Caliber is 5.45x39mm. The two are a beltfed that also takes AK-74 / RPK-74 box magazines and one is a standard RPK-74 with a device to feed the magwell with a ammunition belt.
    I wonder where a person could get one of the devices that would feed through the magwell with an ammunition belt. It would be neat to have for the collection.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    I wonder where a person could get one of the devices that would feed through the magwell with an ammunition belt. It would be neat to have for the collection.
    I think it's a prototype. I haven't seen 5.45 belts in use. It might be possible to make a similar device.

Feedback Score

I could see how it would work with a motor and stuff, just have links that allow the round to pop off horizontally, rather than along the bullet's axis, just a motor, some gears, a ramp to pop the rounds out of the links, a sort of feed tray to hold the belt in position, and a cut up ak74 mag, and it'd work, just wouldn't feed the last 5 or so rounds...

Feedback Score

It could be powered or it might be spring loaded or powered. Maybe a spring that winds up to last a certain number of rounds. The 5.45 belts might be very special for something like that and using other cartridges with standard belts might be more difficult to get working properly. a special bolt carrier or something that attached to bolt carrier might be enough to work special type belt through a box like that.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Can a person use a trunnion without a bullet guide seeing how the trunnion is upside down anyway?

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The bullet still needs to be guided into the mouth of the chamber and just stripping the cartridge from the belt links doesn't guide the bullet reliably so I would have to say no, it most likely would not work.

SS

Feedback Score

this thing is awsome. when i have enough posts i will try to get plans. how much are they? you said they were free to military? does that include military wives???

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.