Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47ES Belt feed

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by par0thead151 View Post
    how kosher is(legal wise) it to build a belt fed pistol? ;-)
    Go to the "beltfed" area just below, look for the post "MG47 JR".
    Also look for "MG47" in this section, I think that thread will answer most of your questions.
    Last edited by Coils; 04-23-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: wording

Feedback Score

As it has been said multiple times... You'll want to read the original MG-47 thread about 50 times before you 'get it' and even then you'll maybe only know about 75% of what you'll need to know to finish these builds.

I've read it about 60 times now, and I'm still hardly getting started!

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I built the original MG47 and in building the MG47ES I tried to simplify things but it's still an adaptation of a a bunch of various different part not originally intended to to work together. The relationship of the top cover/feed tray to the trunnion and chamber is very critical as well as the cam roller to the bolt face. Read all the posts on the MG47, MG47jr and the MG47ES several times until you understand how the parts all work together. Ask questions if you have to. All of us previous builders would be more than happy to try to answer your questions even if you think it might be stupid. It took me 7 or 8 months to get the first one working, alot of thought and false starts. When you do get it done and fully functioning, it's a great, almost euphoric feeling. Don't give up, if you can build an AK you can build a MG47, it just takes a bit longer, a bit more involved and takes a bit more patiences.

SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

GOT THE "ES" TO SHOOT RELIABLY TODAY! From both the spade grips and buttstock & gripstick. Now I can work on the tutorial and plans. I will post some details shortly.

SS

bil
    Feedback Score

Good to see it up and running! And you only yelled halfway through the post!! ---bil {yes,I am here,too!]

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hurry man hurry the wife is gettin restless. but as far as my say goes take yer time so we can git it right.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

impatiently waiting

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Bil
    Yikes, you found me. I really have not been shouting except for a few warrented cases.
    The MG47ES working is one thoses cases. Now I need to get real busy and put together all my build pictures of the ES and get the drawing finished so they are available to everybody. If you read my 88 some posts on MG47 beltfeed and Mg47ES you will see I have kept my voice down and haven't shouted much.

SS

Feedback Score

SharpsShooter5090,

I was wondering... You mention you got some of your steel from Home Depot.

I've been to my two nearby Home Depots, and I can't find ANY square tube steel at ANY of them... Is there some particular SECTION of HD where I should be looking? I just can't seem to find it anywhere... What parts did you get from your HD?

I appreciate any info, so I can get to buying some of the steel & other supplies for this build!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The steel I got for the MG47ES was at Home Depot. The square tubing is for the original MG47, I got it a SpeedyMetals.com. The MG47ES receiver is not made out of square tubing but flat bar bolted together with small angle all of which you can get at HD.

SS
    Last edited by SHARPSSHOOTER5090; 04-28-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: I can't spell worth a damn

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.