Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47ES Belt feed

Feedback Score

any plans of doing a comprehensive tutorial like gunsguntsandgod has for standard ak47 builds? it would help some of us builders who learn better by pictures and words :-)

Feedback Score

I put my regular MG47 build on hold as the easy build physically looks more like what I want the finished product to look like. I am drooling over the images on the first page. I too started my build with an RPK kit (heavy barrel) and just picked up another kit. I think I will scrap my weld/mill build and do this one once the details are up. PLEASE provide more insight soon, specifically the FCG and bolt carrier mods...
    Waiting with zest.
    Matt

Feedback Score

A-HA!!! Thanks, SharpsShooter!

Light bulb just clicked on in my head!!!

You've not only pointed out a critical flaw in my design idea, but you've also sparked the imagination for a possible solution! WOO HOO!!!

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default MG47ES pictures and details

Here is a few more pictures of the ES on a 1919 m2 tripod I made. Also is a picture of the FCG tray that slides into receiver between the corner angles and is held in place by a couple of 1/4 pins. If the BC rails look like shelf brackets it's because they are made from shelf brackets. Normally I would bend them up with a pan brake but not everybody has one even thou you can get a small one from HF for less than $30 I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

WOOOOO HOOOOOO! I SEE PICS!

<premature post before reading>

ETA: Where did U get that Buttstock!?!? I've been looking for a while now for a decent FN style stock like that!!!

Also, that's a SWEEEEEEEET rear sight aperture/ladder setup!!! What gun is that from???

Cool pics of the FCG Tray! That's a pretty ingenious design format. I don't plan on making spade grips for mine, so I might do my FCG similar to your first MG-47 style (on the fence about that).

What I'm ***REALLY*** excited to see pics of is... Your BOLT CARRIER GROUP & RECOIL SPRING SETUP! That looks like a REALLY COOL, and REALLY Complicated bolt carrier setup!!!

How does that all fit together??? I'm eagerly awaiting your great tutorial!!!! I hope it's heavily loaded with pics!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It sure looks natural on that tripod. I have just got to get mine started.

(Yeap, I'm the kind of guy who puts things off.)

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Butt stock is made by Tapco for a FAL, SAW249 style. Rear ladder sight is from a SMLE jungle carbine from Gun Parts Corp. (Numrich).

Feedback Score

dude that is the shizzzzzit!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What he said!
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Feedback Score

SHARPSHOOTER5090,

Your latest creation looks pretty damn good! I'm soon to be obtaining a "different" TC and FT system to use for my build, that will be based on a Yugo M70 front end, telescoping dual recoil springs w/adjustable location feed lever actuating pin [a bearing to reduce friction], non recipricating charging handle, and like you, the FCG will be within the receiver in a drop-in module. I'll be TIG'n where I can and screw'n everywhere else, though I haven't quite decided if I'm going with square tubing, sheet metal, or a combination of both. We'll see when my parts arrive and I give it all some more thought.

I'd like to thank you and cntrailrider for sharing your unique abilities and ideas, which, for the past few months, have given me much to think about and ponder. I think smoke came out of my ear last week, LOL.

Cheers, please keep up the good work, and please post more pics when you can.

Andy =8^)-~

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.