Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: MG47ES Belt feed

Feedback Score

I'm dying to find out some more info & pics!

What's the width of the receiver? Length??? (It looks more compact than the original)

How did you do the bolt carrier mods & feed lever pin, & recoil springs???

The more I look at this one, the more ingenious ideas I see incorporated in this design!

You, Sir, have won the title of 'Homebuilder of the Year' for two years running now in my mind! SWEEEEEEEEET gun!!!

-inuhbad

EDITED TO ADD:

Also, Does the Bolt Carrier modifications require you to use BOTH 'rails' created by using the shelving steel, or is the 2nd 'rail' part basically functionless?
    Last edited by iNuhBaD; 05-12-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Feedback Score

Are you still using a MG42 grip stick?? The PG on the photos looks different.

JJS

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The lower rail of the "U" shaped shelving steel has no real function but it helps hold the internal FCG tray down in place until the cross pins are inserted.

SS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

JJS
    The MG47 gripstick is scratch built to look like a MG42 gripstick and houses a complete FAL FCG. The gripstick on the MG47ES is a simple tube that only houses a trigger bar and the grip its self is SAW style AK47. The main FCG is internal just like in a AK47.

SS

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Where's the tut?
    Had to ask, I'm sure your busy.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Tuts are hard to produce when you work 10 hours a day, however, I have got the drawings about 3/4 done and about 3 dozen pictures I am sorting thru.

SS

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Not trying to give you a hard time, I know the feeling of 10 hour days, it was a sad way of asking "how is it coming along".
    Thanks for the update.

Feedback Score

Sharpsshooter,

Thanks for the info on the grip stick! For now it sounds like all I need to purchase is the MG1 or MG3 Top cover and feed tray, correct? (I already have the M70 front end and the belts) Is there any advantage to the MG3? I see it is more expensive.

Thanks,

JJS

Feedback Score

MG-3 is actually a little more difficult to get cycling smoothly. The springs are newer, more stiff, and it also has a lower 'pawl' lever on the feed tray that is to keep cartridges/belts from sliding back out of the feed tray (which is a little on the 'strong' side in that his has a fair bit of resistance when pushing it down)...

SO, it'd likely be easier to get a MG-1 assembly to operate more smoothly. I chose the MG-3 for two reasons...
    1. I hope to reduce the amount of pressure/resistance and 'binding' on the lower feed pawl in the feed tray, as I find it does a VERY GOOD job of holding belts in place (would be good for feed tray testing).
    2. Robert RTG Parts was out of stock on MG-1 topcovers and feed trays, and I didn't want to have to wait for him to get more in stock, or miss out on this kind of build.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Progress on the drawings of the ES receiver, FCG, gripstick, gas tube, gas piston, BC modification and BC extension are coming along. I hope to have something to publish by next week. An assembly drawing and a spad grip drawing to follow.

SS

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.