Gunco Forums banner

MG47ES Belt feed

38K views 228 replies 62 participants last post by  BlackFetus 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is the first pictures of my MG47ES belt feed. It is convertable from gripstick and butt stock to spade grips in about 1 min. All FCG is inside the receiver. Still need to fit an upper hand guard.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks great!!!! :thumbup1::thumbup1: :salute:
Can't wait for the details on this, that's great how you got it so you can switch from a stock and PG to rear mounted spades.
All FCG is inside the receiver.
I'm really interested in this though, I was thinking of trying this but didn't get that far yet.

#5 ·
SharpShooter -

Super slick. I especially like the RPK barrel, and the stock fits. That's the NO-WELD / NO-MILL build, right?! Every household in America should have one. It may be time to cash in on your engineering skills - and make it the 'next rung' on the ladder, for all AK builders. Just thinking out loud here...

Steve in EL Paso

#6 ·
The MG47ES is a NO-WELD / NO-MACHINING build!. I am working on a video tutorial and drawings so any builder with a drill press, a MAPP gas torch & silver solder, A DREMEL, and 10-32 drill & tap set can build one from either an AK-47 or a RPK kit and material from Home Depot.
Sorry it's taken so long but I wanted to be sure it could be done no weld no machining.

SS

#108 ·
The MG47ES is a NO-WELD / NO-MACHINING build!. I am working on a video tutorial and drawings so any builder with a drill press, a MAPP gas torch & silver solder, A DREMEL, and 10-32 drill & tap set can build one from either an AK-47 or a RPK kit and material from Home Depot.
Sorry it's taken so long but I wanted to be sure it could be done no weld no machining.

SS
You can count me in on a video purchase.

I tried to pm and email for instructions but I am new to this board and cannot do either. Can you email me please? thank you

forrestspecialties@msn.com

#7 ·
Outstanding!!!!

Congratulations SS!!! You do have a "Gift"!! This is just what the Doctor Ordered as my old man used to say. The true "Kitchen Table" belt fed build!! This will be doable for anyone, and it does "Sing" as it were, very MAG58/M240ish look about it!! The only potential problem, I see, is if BATFE decides to raid Home Depot for selling unregistered gun Receivers disguised as Hardware........................:rolleyes:

But, seriously, please put me on the list for the video/drawings/tutorial. Need a test gun ASAP!! I am pretty close to having the guns I am building ready to test fire and PACT time. But, the fcg being internal now, is better than I had hoped for in terms of using the Crankfire II System on these.

Thank You, for all your efforts to bring the MG-47 out, and by all means, Keep Up The Good Work!!!!!

Emory Jones
Crankfire Systems Home/Index Page

#12 ·
I think that this is probably the coolest thing I've seen all year. Hats off to ya.

#15 ·
gee thanks a mil i showed my wife this and now shes goin nuts saying i need to take one of our kits and try and build one when you get the tutorial done. really ya did a bang up job nice build. but how does the feed mechanism work?

#16 · (Edited)
Basic costs For MG47ES

Receiver material; $10 Home Depot or Speedy Metals
Top Cover assy & feed tray: $85 RTG Roberts
Gas Tube: $5 peedy Metals or Aircraft Spruce
Gas Tube Joint; $5 Speedy Metals or Aircraft Spruce
Return Spring Extension; $5 Home Depot, Speedy Metals or Home Depot
Fire Control Group; $32 U.S. AK G2 Tapco or Gun Broker
M60 Return Spring; $12 Gunp Parts Corp.
Misc Fasteners, Screws or Rivets & Other Material ; $15
Butt Stock, Gripstick, Handguards; G3, Cetme, FAL, Or Scratch built ? Tapco, Gun Broker, or $ ???
Rails: $10; Home Depot
Total less AK Or RPK Front end Kit. Approx. $180

Romey AK Kit; $135-$160, RPK Kit; $160 - $250

Spade Grip Material; $10 Speedy Metals
MG1/3 Belt Links; $6.50 for 50 links, RTG Roberts

Misc. Tools Req'd; Drill Press $50 Harbor Freight, Dremel Tool & Stones $25 Harbor Freight, MAPP Gas And Torch; $40 Home Depot, Silver Solder: $15 Home Depot or Any Welding Supply House. Misc Drills and Taps: $15.00 Home Depot. No mill, lathe or welder.

SS

#27 ·
Did I just see no mill lathe or welder??? :whisker: :whisker: your the god of all gun guys! if this is true!!! gonna post a tutorial ?

Basic costs For MG47ES

Receiver material; $10 Home Depot or Speedy Metals
Top Cover assy & feed tray: $85 RTG Roberts
Gas Tube: $5 peedy Metals or Aircraft Spruce
Gas Tube Joint; $5 Speedy Metals or Aircraft Spruce
Return Spring Extension; $5 Home Depot, Speedy Metals or Home Depot
Fire Control Group; $32 U.S. AK G2 Tapco or Gun Broker
M60 Return Spring; $12 Gunp Parts Corp.
Misc Fasteners, Screws or Rivets & Other Material ; $15
Butt Stock, Gripstick, Handguards; G3, Cetme, FAL, Or Scratch built ? Tapco, Gun Broker, or $ ???
Rails: $10; Home Depot
Total less AK Or RPK Front end Kit. Approx. $180

Romey AK Kit; $135-$160, RPK Kit; $160 - $250

Spade Grip Material; $10 Speedy Metals
MG1/3 Belt Links; $6.50 for 50 links, RTG Roberts

Misc. Tools Req'd; Drill Press $50 Harbor Freight, Dremel Tool & Stones $25 Harbor Freight, MAPP Gas And Torch; $40 Home Depot, Silver Solder: $15 Home Depot or Any Welding Supply House. Misc Drills and Taps: $15.00 Home Depot. No mill, lathe or welder.

SS

#25 ·
Typically our MG-47 builds have been using the permanent 50 round belts for the MG-42.

These are the parts I got from Robert / RTG parts:

I went with the MG-3 top cover & feed tray instead of the MG-1, but the links are the same... Not sure how well the disintegrating ones will work. I just noticed everyone else is using the standard ones...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.