Gunco Forums banner

A few AK Builds

56K views 258 replies 97 participants last post by  Tommo 
#1 · (Edited)
Polytech Legend finally acquired

Vector Arms AKM Heavy Barrel
Looks like they used a Russian type 3 barrel assembly with the threads turned down and pressed into an East German trunnion. Magpul stock, Vltor tube, CTR grip, Krebs rail, Primary Weapons flash hider, G2 FCG, Ncstar compact mildot 3x9 illuminated reticle. It is my plate gun.

1958 Projectguns built Polish RPD

Very early original Norinco Type 56-S3

Clayco Green Bakelite

1977 Izzy Matching # AKMS

1973 Tula with Zrecto furniture

1970 Izzy with Zrecto furniture

1997 Yugo M90A

1983 Yugo M70AB2

Yugo M70 Milled

Bulgy AK74

Bulgy AK74s

1970 Romy MD63

Hungarian AMMS

Polytech AK47S Triple Underfolder

Norinco 86S

Norinco 84S2 clone

Arsenal SA93 I didn't build it, but I like it.

Updated SA93 with replacement gas block, FSB, and cleaning rod. Still need to thread the muzzle and install the lower tang.

New Updates SA93
Bulgy Type 3 gas block and FSB. Kvar lower stock tang -- not as good as a factory original piece as only one rivet can be mounted inside the receiver instead of two, but it does the job. Roughed out the rear receiver, then hand filed the lower tang recess over a few afternoons. Z-recto magic'ed Polish laminate.

Yugo M70B1

1963 Romy

1981 Romy Pistol

1980 Romy Non-G

1981S Romy G

1983 Romy G

1983 Polish PMKM

1973 Polish PMKMS

Maadi MISR, I didn't build it, but it's nice. Steyr Maadi 30 round mag.

Maadi MISR S/A. Z-recto refinished original Egyptian wood. Steyr buttstock.

Bulgy AK74S

Polish Tantal

1981 Romy G

1971 Romy RPK

Yugo M72 RPK

Maadi RPM Curly maple furniture. Yes, I had a bling phase. 100 rounder

]
Norinco NHM91 with PKM style stock

Bulgy RPK74

Romy SAR2

Romy SAR3

Romy SAR3 #2

1978 Romy G First build

Hungarian AMD63 #1

Hungarian AMD63 #5

Hungarian AMD65

1979 E.German

Saiga 12 conversion

Saiga 20

Yugo M92

Just finished my Bulgy Krinkov AKS74U

SA85M with AMD65 short gas tube. I couldn't find my kit and broke down and bought the rifle. I still need to find the correct stock and grip...it bugs me.

SA85 build. Thanks to notime for alerting me as to the kit's availability.

I just purchased a VZ58 and I love it!

Type 56 Clone

Norinco NHM90

Saiga 12 #2

Saiga 410

Starting back up:
1981 Romanian G matching numbers

Norinco Hunter
Custom walnut stock (valmet style). Still working on the forearm

ISD Bulgarian SSR85C2 5.45

Arsenal SA M7 Classic

1983 Romanian G Matching numbers

Restoring a SAR2 to AIMS74

1982 Romanian G non matching

1982 Romanian G matching numbers

TGI AMD65
Stock upgrade makes this very shootable

Valmet M62/S
Restored stock cover

Arsenal SLR 107 CR

Vepr 12

See less See more
#7 ·
You're over the top dude! A place where a lot of us would like to be.

On the Norinco 84S2 clone, was that folding stock and pistol grip taken off one of those chinese BAM air rifles?

#8 · (Edited)
RetVet,
No, that is the real deal with cleaning kit. It is missing the sling loop on the rear trunnion/folding mechanism though.
Norinco 84S2 clone I had another full stock set with extra pistol grip and lower forearm but had to sell them...wish I hadn't had to.

Done: Yugo M92

#10 ·
Man I thought I was a sick puppy.you have got to have the bestest collection bar none doc.outstanding.

#13 ·
kits are drying up..wonder why????
how many "pallets"did ya buy..:notworthy
I'm retired and will die of old age before I finish head count.any younger guys volunteer???:biggrin:

#15 ·
Dude those are awesome. The bling is pretty cool. Was that chrome dipped or was it some kinda of other finish?

#18 ·
:woot::hyper::lildevil::woot::hyper::lildevil::hyper::lildevil::woot::lildevil::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::smoke::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::smilie_sc:smilie_sc:smilie_sc:smilie_sc:smilie_sc:smilie_sc:headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

#20 ·
KK,take some white modeling paint(testors) fill in the letters and numbers with a fine pointed paint brush or tooth pick,let dry.use acetone or paint thinner with a Q-tip and clean up around the letters etc.

#24 ·
The only problem is not being able to afford acquiring kits like I used to do. I still want a Hungarian AMP-69 and a Yugoslavian M85 Krinkov, but can't justify blowing the $850-$1850 and $1100 respectively.

#27 ·
I have a pistol build in the works, but need to save up for the pistol rear trunnion that uses the regular rear trunnion rivet locations. Otherwise, it is complete. I'll post some pics in a few.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.