Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: A few AK Builds

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I know! I would jump on that amp69 chopped for that asking price. I recently picked up a Saiga 410 to convert as well as this Preban Polytech AK74S:
    Polytech AK47S Triple Underfolder

Last edited by docwade; 01-13-2009 at 03:41 AM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Nice collection! Wonder what it would cost to build all those at todays prices.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Recently found my SAR2 I've been missing from the collection at a local fun show. Of course, it didn't look anything like this when I bought it. AK-103.com US made 22mm Romy brake, correct fsb, G2 fcg, US piston, US floorplate, correct Romy 5.45 magazine body, correct push-button side folder.
    Romy SAR2
    Last edited by docwade; 01-13-2009 at 03:06 AM.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by match308 View Post
    Nice collection! Wonder what it would cost to build all those at todays prices.
    It's shocking to even think of the money involved in reproducing this collection at today's prices. I can't even mention such a number within ear-shot of the wife. However, I am still looking for that amp-69 kit (missed the built gun on gunbroker for $850), a polytech legend with accessories, and a Valmet 78. I think back on all the ak variants I had or had the chance to purchase, and wish all of them either stayed in or joined the collection.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you know i saw a lower handguard like on you tripple underfolder at the sar show a few years back. i thought someone was just having fun carving. it was in a pile of chinese handguards. i beleave the vendor said they were takeoffs from preban guns that were stuck in the ban. took them off and put on bishop stocks. oh and nice collection.

later jay
    Quote Originally Posted by docwade View Post
    I know! I would jump on that amp69 chopped for that asking price. I recently picked up a Saiga 410 to convert as well as this Preban Polytech AK74S:
    Polytech AK47S Triple Underfolder

Last edited by trikerjay; 12-30-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I'm still trying to find out some history on this rifle. I tried emailing some pics to the polytech website requesting info, but didn't receive a response. I haven't gotten around to calling Keng's yet, though. I too saw one of these lower handguards at a show a while back. Since it is a Keng's import, I am wondering if the modfication was done when the rifles arrived at keng's or were modified before being imported. Interesting top rail too, even if it is a bit on the heavy side.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it looks factory to me. how does the bluing and milling look on the buttstock? the spots where it is notched for the bipod. also that scope rail. i have never seen one like it. maybe it was a concept demo gun or they were the next wave of rifles that were going to come in and they got caught in the ban. still a rare bird. yours is the first one i have seen.
    later jay

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I posted some pics of the rifle on theakforum and, as with anything, there were a couple of nay-sayers. However, suddenly, there were a couple of people who found similar Polytech rails at shows or "in their parts bin". The finish was always inferior to this one and the rear legs that straddle the rear of the receiver did not have the relief arc for the underfolder -- they were straight across. There is a pic of one under the chinese discussion forum over there and they guy wants to sell it, but he doesn't know how much it is worth. No one seems to know.
    [url=http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=83580
    [url=http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=80307&start=0

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well i know polytechparts just sold off a bunch of stuff so maybe they had a few(scope mounts) left over and sold them lately. cause with all the gun shows i have been to over the years, i have never seen one in anyones parts bins.

i still say it looks factory.

as for a price for his scope mount. even as rare as it is i would not go over $100 for it. i just got a factory norinco hunter scope mount(very hard to find) for a good price $50.though i have seen them go for as much as $150. i still havent made up my mind if i will use it since i am converting the hunter to look like a valmet m71. its a work in progress. waiting on a grip right now. it is almost ready for paint.
    later jay
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Man I have to take a cold shower after that.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

1977 ak47
ak pistol

anyone use kvar rpk barrel on m72 build

maadi misr

pkm buttstock

rpk

saiga 12 conversion

tula akm picture
yugo ak milled
yugo m72

yugo m92

yugo rpk

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.