Build Saiga 12 high cap mag use G3 Mag
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Build Saiga 12 high cap mag use G3 Mag

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Default Build Saiga 12 high cap mag use G3 Mag

I was sit here and look over the guns, I notice my Cetme and Saiga mag look very alike, I just like to know if I can use 2 G3 Mag to build a Saiga 12 high Cap Mag ???? the 8rd Saiga 12 cost about $80-$100, 2 G3 mags cost around $5 here are some pic,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

That's one of the damnedest things I have ever seen.

Feedback Score

Damn man you might just be really on to something there. How many fit into one G3 mag?
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

PT, I can fit 5 rd in Cetme Mag. what do you think, can this be work ???

Feedback Score

Well, I know that there's a guy out there (BattlerifleG3) that has been working on a Saiga .308 conversion so it can use G3 mags. I think its definitely possible, and if you can cut and reweld two of those together you'd have a 9 or 10 round Saiga 12 mag! How sick is that, lol?
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score

I think I may have seen one that has actually been done, and functional, but I have to check with the source to be sure... two cetme mags modified and welded together, but again... I can't say for sure....
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah that's a good idea. The Cetme mags can be welded together and some have done that. FAL mags may even be easier, because of how they lock up. Since they are usually steel you could weld them easier too.

You can weld a bead up on the front & back then dremel it to shape. Hrm that's a good idea!

There are 30-round FAL mags out there (South Africa origin IIRC) which are the 'best' 30-rounder FALs.

While I don't think that would count as a US part, I think the floorplates could be done up cheap. Those are really just a piece of metal - more like an AR floorplate. Put a US floorplate on it for another US part

Be careful how many you add - can't go over 10 rounds otherwise it is a DD by the ATF's definition. You could make an 8- or 9-rounder and be OK. But don't do a 10-rounder - 10+1 could get you in trouble I think. Not worth it for 1 round anyway.

txn
    Feedback Score

There are also 30rd G3 mags, but the only ones I've seen have a tapered nose instead of the flat nose of that CETME mag.

Feedback Score

"Be careful how many you add - can't go over 10 rounds otherwise it is a DD by the ATF's definition "

NO ! There is ABSOLUTELY NO LAW OR ATF RULING THAT STATES THIS.

Using the ATF's previous ruling on AWB high capacity ' manufacturing ' - they said if you take a high cap and altered it to fit a new firearm AND it no longer fit the original firearm - it was a new high cap magazine -therefore if the altered CETME magazine doesn't fit the CETME , it should be a NEW magazine - a new US MADE magazine.

I bet you would have to make a new follower , and a floorplate coud be a flat piece of steel , so tada ! Three US made parts !

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I don't think FAL mag will work at this point. FAL mag are too smell for 12 Ga

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.